Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Issues

Options
  • 11-01-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Got a htc desire. Battery isnt lasting pissing time anymore. lucky to get 6 hours out of it before i have to recharge. Minimum usage at that. few texts, email or two.

Not running any heavy apps. Standard os running latest updates, skype and mobile network active. messaging and gmail are the only other two apps that would be running usually.

Anyone tell me if there is a way to fix my battery problems or do i need to replace it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Chances are that it's the likes of Skype that is sucking the battery dry. Go to Settings / About Phone / Battery and you'll see what is using the battery the most. Disable things like Skype and see how it goes for a few days. Google for Android Battery tips for some good battery saving info.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

uninstalled skype for now. and will see how it goes. not showing up as a drain on the battery thou. dont know why.. cell standby is at 50 % thou.. take thats normal?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

you could try disable 3g if you're not using it actively

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

You could try one of the advanced task killer apps available on the android marketplace. They've got mixed reviews. Two friends of mine use them and swear by them. Then again they both run a LOT of apps. Depends on yourself really do you need to have Skype etc on all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Try Juice defender - I find it better than task killers which can kill tasks when it shouldn't. Juice defender reduces the data connectivity when you aren't actively using the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

Anyone tell me how to close running apps in the task manager, HTC Desire running 2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

stonybroke wrote: »
    Anyone tell me how to close running apps in the task manager, HTC Desire running 2.2

Settings - applications - manage applications - running -<application> - force Stop

Settings - applications - manage applications - running -<application> - force Stop

Thanks jimmy, just got this and haven't a clue what l'm doin yet,
    battery seem to be pi**ing down though,
    bought it secondhand.

hi jimmy,
    l've a load of apps running here, don't know what to close or keep open

Advertisement