Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I add files to itunes using a netbook?

Options
  • 11-01-2011 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Technology is not my strong point so hopefully somebody can give me instructions!

I just got a netbook and i'm trying to set up my itunes library. As i don't have a CD drive I decided to try and add the music files by;
    Setting up a dropbox on my home computer and my netbook,
    I then saved the CD music to my dropbox on the home computer,
    (on the netbook) I've been trying to add the music from my dropbox by selecting 'Add file to library', when I do this I can select the songs but nothing adds, it doesn't even register that anything is trying to add on itunes.

I found some other information about adding songs to itunes and most of them say that you need to change the song properties to read-only before you try to add them. I also tried this and still nothing is happening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Make a sharing folder on your computer and map your netbook to it

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

n.l. wrote: »
    Technology is not my strong point so hopefully somebody can give me instructions!

I just got a netbook and i'm trying to set up my itunes library. As i don't have a CD drive I decided to try and add the music files by;
    Setting up a dropbox on my home computer and my netbook,
    I then saved the CD music to my dropbox on the home computer,
    (on the netbook) I've been trying to add the music from my dropbox by selecting 'Add file to library', when I do this I can select the songs but nothing adds, it doesn't even register that anything is trying to add on itunes.

I found some other information about adding songs to itunes and most of them say that you need to change the song properties to read-only before you try to add them. I also tried this and still nothing is happening.

On the netbook, copy from the dropbox to the hard drive/SSD first. After syncing you can delete from the netbook and they wil stay on the phone/ipod.

If technology isnt your area maybe stick to transferring in batches with a USB stick?

post back how you get on anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 n.l.

I saved it to my hard drive but still when i went to 'add file to library' in itunes it's not doing anything....?

I don't have a USB and i was set up with a dropbox so it just seemed like an easier way.

I don't have a clue what 'Make a sharing folder on your computer and map your netbook to it' means either?

thanks so much for the help, think I need to do some sort of computer literacy course :confused:

Advertisement