Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Brigades on Campus??

Options
  • 11-01-2011 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Anyone have any answer for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Fire alarm was ringing somewhere on campus (think it was the West Wing, but not 100%, I was in the library at the time). The fire brigade have to respond to it. Dunno whether it was a drill or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

Yeah I was wondering about that! There was 2 at the quad and another on College Road, They were checking out the Aula when I saw them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

The college is linked directly to the firestation. An alarm goes off and the fire brigade have to respond. As you'll these days most them dont even bother putting on their jackets or helmets anymore when coming to campus. When i was doing work experience in the biosciences building the whole place was evacuated and 4 engines arrived......a bit of toast had got jammed inside the toaster and had continued to burn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Apparently costs the college a pretty penny too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

^^Nope not a penny..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

who pays for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

maglite wrote: »
    ^^Nope not a penny..

I've been told the opposite but i presume that the insurance may cover it at times but judging by the amount of calls they get i can only assume this raises insurance costs if it is the way it goes.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've been told the opposite but i presume that the insurance may cover it at times but judging by the amount of calls they get i can only assume this raises insurance costs if it is the way it goes.

And the insurance reallllly doesn't need to be increased any further than it was last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I've been told the opposite

If it has been changed in the last year it is just a cost of the Fire Dept, a council resource funded through Tax, levies etc.

I would imagine it is beneficial for the student body to be informed that there is a charge to try to prevent false activations?

Advertisement