Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel - Tech Interview Help.

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

Applied for Intel's RCG - Software Engineer for the Electronic Communications Group and Low Power Embedded Processor Division. I was just wondering what they might ask me in the Technical Interview.

I know that they are developing software(firmware) using C and Assembly.

Any suggestions / help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭TheNewMee

Be prepared to be asked in detail about your FYP if it's at all relevant (and I assume that it is). The interview is usually a long hard slog (3-4 hours).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

You're heading Shannon direction then? Ya, the FYP will be a big topic alright. Try an emphasize how interested you are in the area of software development as well and if you have any side projects in software highlight them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 FLW

Thanks for the help, Yeah my FYP is relevant and I shall defiantly be prepared. They have only slotted an hour for the interview and it is for Shannon.

I was more wondering if they will ask questions to their hardware or the type of work that you will be expected to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

If it's an RCG role I doubt they will be pushing you too much on IA assembly or anything :D (C is the big one, a good knowledge of C and system architecture is what is required). Have a look here for some talking points.

http://www.intel.com/technology/architecture-silicon/index.htm

Thanks Omahaid, That was what I was looking for. So the plan is to know my FYP backwards and try and remember as much C that was used in it.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. Fingers Crossed Now.biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Don't forget your soft skills..

You will be working in teams.. Can you demonstrate you are good at that?
    Those teams are also global.. Can you work with developers from China?
    Do any of of your projects show your ability to work in a team?

How do you handle problems?.. What would you do if you found code coming from elsewhere had problems?

Where do you give them more value than everyone else being interviewed? As a RCG you likely have exactly the same training as all the other candidates.. So, Do you have any extra skills in Open Source projects? work experience? Management? Leadership?.. etc..

Oh, and be at least vaguely aware of MeeGo :)

Edit - Oh and I imagine you will be questioned on your knowledge of both Linux and Windows programming (possibly even Moblin)

Thanks Guys for all the help. Much appreciated. Hopefully all goes well.

Advertisement