Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Quin

Options
  • 10-01-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I am thinking of moving to Quin.Can anyone advise if it is a nice place to live?

I have passed through it a few times and it seems like a nice location.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

great village , well located , 4 pubs , few restaurants , chemist , 3 shops , good community , hard to knock it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

peppee1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am thinking of moving to Quin.Can anyone advise if it is a nice place to live?

I have passed through it a few times and it seems like a nice location.

Quin is a really beautiful place but property is still pricey there and forget about trying to get planning permission if your not a local. Good Luck with your move!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

MrsD007 wrote: »
    #1 - property is still pricey there and
    #2 forget about trying to get planning permission if your not a local.

#1 + #2 reason explained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Property is not too expensive there nowadays, I know I am trying to sell a house!
    Any takers?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Give us details and I'll let you know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 peppee1

Perfect,thanks for the response.

Sounds like a good place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Clareman wrote: »
    Give us details and I'll let you know ;)

Ok €210k for a 4 bed semi in a brand new estate with playground etc. Fully fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

With the property prices getting lower there, I am glad I sold up three years ago. Still live near enough and it is a nice village, good spot as a base for Limerick, Shannon or Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Quin was the 'in' place to buy a house if you were from Ennis during the final years of the property boom. Houses were very pricey because a lot of people wanted to live there.

Hi,

Just dragging up an old thread,so how is life in Quin these days? Seriously considering a move in that direction,can anyone comment what the village is like?Seems friendly enough. Which pubs would you consider the best?Is there a bit of life in them at the weekends? Also what are the broadband options there?

Cheers:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Open a new thread, this one is old.

You can get eircom broadband, ripplecom and bbnet in Quin. Ripplecom took over the Quin online service. A couple of pubs, shops, chemist and houses really. Near ennis which may be ideal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Open a new thread, this one is old.

You can get eircom broadband, ripplecom and bbnet in Quin. Ripplecom took over the Quin online service. A couple of pubs, shops, chemist and houses really. Near ennis which may be ideal.

If you have a problem with a post, report it and leave the modding to the mods, thanks.

I'll leave this thread open as there isn't much in it to confuse people and people can add to it to give their opinion, be interesting to see how things have changed in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I was there a month ago and they've a really good new lunch place. Forget the name of it but it's next to the Abbey Tavern. Rakes of different and very tasty cakes.

If you fancy working off the cake and pints it's also got some of the best Tae Kwon Do instruction in the country. http://www.quintkd.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Grew up there, folks still live there, I may be biased, but I cannot recommend it enough. It's small, but has all the necessary amenities. Great community, and with the 4 pubs, there is always something on every night.

Thanks folks for the replies,all positive by the looks of it. Can I ask if anyone knows if there is any sort of a taxi service in the area? I know it is a small village so the answer may be no. For example if one lived a few miles from the village,would you get a taxi home from the pub at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

peppee1 wrote: »
    Thanks folks for the replies,all positive by the looks of it. Can I ask if anyone knows if there is any sort of a taxi service in the area? I know it is a small village so the answer may be no. For example if one lived a few miles from the village,would you get a taxi home from the pub at night?

Yes there is a local taxi/hackney man in the area as I have friends who use him quiet regularly.

Advertisement