Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mid sized used cars

Options
  • 10-01-2011 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I have been looking for a used car to buy for around 4000 euro this year and am still trying to figure out what might be the best choice for me. Ive been looking at 03/04 focus, civic, golf, seat leon, astra...that class of car. I have driven a focus before and find it a bit sluggish but again I hear they're very reliable 2nd hand, which is important to me.

I was ruling out cars like the renault megane, citroen, fiats etc based on their reputation as I understand it. I was hoping people might have advice regarding these or any cars in this class??

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,170 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ford Focus is a good choice but the 1.4 litre (which is probably what you drove) is very sluggish. The 1.6 litre is much better and more suited to the car. I'd avoid 1.4 litre Golfs too, that engine is not very reliable. The 1.6 litre is more rebust but Golfs are very expensive second hand so you will get less car for your money.

If reliability is at the front of your mind then also consider the Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic.

Advertisement