Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student applying to UCAS.

Options
  • 10-01-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is the application procedure for a mature student to UCAS the same as other applicants? Just realized the closing date is this Friday and I can't seem to find a section for mature student applicants?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yep - it's the same application. The institution gleans that you are a mature student from the DOB ;)

Good luck with the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks for the help! :) anyone any tips as to what to write on your personal statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Gosh mine was aggggges ago but if you're a mature student with a big gap it helps to relay how whatever you were doing in the gap ties in with what you hope to study.

If you take a look here they have a dedicated PS forum as well with 'helpers' who are sort of like moderators in that they'll privately review your PS and offer tips on how to polish it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers for that. I'm only 23 so just qualify as a mature student and I'm doing a FETAC level 5 sports and recreation course at the minute and I'm applying to sports courses through UCAS for next year. Hopefully the year I'm doing now will work to my benifit. :)

Advertisement