Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tranferring Jobseekers Benefit abroad

Options
  • 10-01-2011 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

I have been unemployed for a while now. I have tried to get a job here but nothing seems to be coming up, so I am thinking of requesting my Jobseekers Benefit to be transferred abroad and trying to get a job in another EU country. I read in the Social Welfare website that it can be transferred for up to 3 months and in special circumstances up to 6 months.

I went to my local Social Welfare office to ask which ones are the requirements for JB to be transferred abroad for 6 months. This is important to me because there is obviously more chances of getting a job in 6 months than in 3. I also need to know that to be able to choose the right kind of accommodation abroad (as I would not be able to live without the JB or a job, so I need to know for how long I can commit to rent over there). Unfortunately, I didn't get a clear answer in the Social Welfare office.

Has anyone done anything similar to this before? I would appreciate any information about what are the requirements to get the 3 months extension. Also, how long does it take to the Irish Social Welfare to sort out the papers for the transfer abroad? I also read that if I didn't find a job in the first country I went to, I could come back to Ireland and then go to look for a job in a second country. I wonder if this second chance could be in the first country again (that would save me money by not having to move my stuff from one country to another one again).

Thanks for your help!

http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citiz...s/eu-eu_en.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You can apply to have your JB transferred abroad for 3 months... and yes under certain circumstances this can 6 months.... no guidelines on 6 months... under the 3 month transfer you apply at your local office and have to give an address in the country you are going to and present yourself at the equivalent of our social welfare office in that country within 7 days... eventually your JB will be paid into your irish bank account or by cheque if you dont have a bank account... this can take some time especially depending on how long it will take the"host" country to send details back to ROI so I would advise that you would have some money built up in order to survive in "host" country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mary29

Thanks for your answer! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 vmasullo

what kind of documents the EU job agency should send to Ireland ? where to send ?

thanks

Vincenzo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You must sign on in the country you move to within 7 days,as stated by eastbono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 vmasullo

yes I agree, but my italian agency is asking me what kind of document should they send to Ireland to confirm ?

thank you

Vincent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Have a read here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Policy/EU/Pages/SocInsandECReg.aspx

Too be honest it still dose not say what forms need to be supplied

vmasullo wrote: »
    yes I agree, but my italian agency is asking me what kind of document should they send to Ireland to confirm ?

thank you

Vincent

I cant remember the form off the top of my head that the Italian agency should fill out. I can get the details tomorrow and get back to you unless someone else gives the info before then.

The Italian authorities need to send U009 to say you have registered with them and then U13 every month.

Advertisement