Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling computer and trainer

Options
  • 10-01-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads bought a tacx Sirius today and I have a wireless BBb computer which is no use as front wheel doesn't turn and if I move it to work properly I struggle to see it as it been wireless it has to b close

Is my only option a wired computer so I can c my speed?

Will the rear wheel speed work just like the front?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

ha, had the same problem and didnt realise i would have an issue until i started using the turbo! bought a cateye cadence which I couldnt recommend more, its wired. it works just the same as the front wheel based cpu, except it also has a cadence sensor, which is handy to train with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ok Cool so a wired computer would do the job ye? I was just a bit worried

yep, they give you plenty on lenght on the wire for tidy installation. im sure some wireless work, but most require the sensor to be below the cpu on the front wheel.

did plently of research on these then, and for the price the cateye was a no brainer at circa 40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Thanks man I was looking forward to getting stuck in

no problem, I do wish i had a hrm though, a very useful tool on the turbo. so bear that in mind when getting a cpu.best of luck with the training.

• Advertisement
Advertisement