Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milano - Half Price Pizzas And Mains

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭

These guys are back again with their first offer of the year - http://www.milanooffers.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Stopped eating there the day i saw them prepare their lasagne by taking it out of the fridge/freezer in it's little foil tub, press it onto a tray and lob it in the oven. If i want to do that i'll just stay home.

Their Pizzas are on offer in Tesco at the minute though, 2.30 for a sloppy guiseppe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

had really horrible soggy pizza there last week,worst pizza ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Yeah the portions have got even smaller from their original underwhelming size and the quality of the food there is very poor. Ate there with the kids last weekend and was very disapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

We go there a bit... on our Tesco clubcard vouchers :D

TGI's when we have the kids and Milano for something more upperclass:rolleyes: - all on Tesco's.

Food is OK in both but I think they have both gone down a bit since they started taking the Tesco vouchers as I reckon a lot of their business comes via these vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Been loads of times to the one in Temple Bar and never any issues....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

TGI's

Ate in the one in Dundrum recently. Horrible place. Hair in one meal and the other meal had so few chips it looked as though someone was eating them while he was waiting.

You expect a certain standard from these chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

We ate in the one at Baggot Street and it was awful. Asked for a veggie pizza and got one with chicken. Didn't notice until started to eat it as I thought it was mushrooms. Complained and the staff just didn't care. Wouldn't go back no matter how cheap they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Stopped eating there the day i saw them prepare their lasagne by taking it out of the fridge/freezer in it's little foil tub, press it onto a tray and lob it in the oven. If i want to do that i'll just stay home.

Their Pizzas are on offer in Tesco at the minute though, 2.30 for a sloppy guiseppe.

how are they meant to prepare the lasange? I don't know if they're made on-site earlier but personallly I think they have the nicest lasange in Galway. (I've nothing to do with Milanos) Give it a try and if you don't like it I'll give you your money back*

*I won't give you your money back but still try it.

dinneenp wrote: »
    how are they meant to prepare the lasange?

Well if i'm going to a restaurant and paying €15+ for a main I'd expect it to have been freshly prepared for that evening. If i want frozen processed food or leftovers from the day before i can either go to the freezer section in tescos or find a University cafeteria.

And I had eaten in Milanos plenty of times before that and sampled a good number of items on the menu. Their Lasagne is nothing special at all in my opinion, i've had much better as pub-grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Well if i'm going to a restaurant and paying €15+ for a main I'd expect it to have been freshly prepared for that evening. If i want frozen processed food or leftovers from the day before i can either go to the freezer section in tescos or find a University cafeteria.

And I had eaten in Milanos plenty of times before that and sampled a good number of items on the menu. Their Lasagne is nothing special at all in my opinion, i've had much better as pub-grub.

I'm guessing it is freshly prepared but has to be kept in a cold area?

• Advertisement

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'm guessing it is freshly prepared but has to be kept in a cold area?

and packaged in an individual portion size container like this?
    Disposable-Aluminium-Foil-Container-RE450-.jpg

My guess is that they are made in bulk and delivered to the restaurants to save on prep.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

Not much love for Milano's on this thread!

Enjoyed the odd pizza in their Temple Bar outlet so thanks for the heads-up OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Dutchy wrote: »

More than welcome! Glad to see some appreciation for Milano :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yogi_Bear

I've eaten in the Cork one loads of times. The Dundrum restaurant on two occasions and the Killarney one once. I use the Tesco vouchers sometimes. I have no issues with their food at all. I always find it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Dutchy wrote: »

Agreed! Thanks OP. Really don't know what a lot of people are expecting, I mean it's not Shanahans on The Green we're talking about here.:p It's a pizza restaurant where you can get a handy bite to eat and a nice (if a bit too expensive) glass of wine. Have never tried their lasagne or pastas I have to admit, so can't vouch for that, but their pizzas are darned tasty (at least in the Temple Bar branch, the only one I've eat in and I've been there a dozen times).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The office crowd in Baggot St. wouldn't keep going back to the Milanos branch at Baggot St. bridge if it wasn't good, they take no prisoners around there believe me because Upper Baggot St. is crammed with eateries and delis and besides, Millers Pizza down beside Searson's offers pretty stiff local competition, Milanos have to be doing something right.

I've also been to Milanos in Dun Laoghaire opposite the Dart station and it's just as good as Baggot St., no complaints from here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

kmick wrote: »
    Yeah the portions have got even smaller from their original underwhelming size
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 caseygkcg

Hi. We got a voucher for pizza for EUR 3 on buying another main course from the link mentioned by OP. Ate in Temple bar yesterday evening, food was fine, service was excellent, no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Ate there in Galway last Saturday. The 4 course kids menu is great. I had the Diavlo which I always enjoy. Everyone was happy with their food.

Maybe some chains are worse than others???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Ok I'll start by saying I hate milano's here's why.

Ordered a pizza once and the base obviously tore while they were preparing it because when I got it, in the centre it was literally just toppings on a plate. It wasn't even the thin style base that I ordered.

The plates in the dundrum branch are white but full of scratches and black marks from people trying to cut their pizzas, looks bad.

Brings me on to my next gripe, they don't slice the pizzas, just give you a crappy blunt knife and expect you to hack away, hence the horrible plates.

People are crazy about the dough balls... ffs people they are just horrible balls of dough which you' re expected to eat with lashings of garlic butter, gross and unhealthy, god help anyone you meet after your meal, I like garlic but if you gave someone a starter of bread and butter they'd look at you funny yet in milano's it's a big draw?

Finally I don't find there to be a lot of variety on their menu if you don't want pizza, fair enough, don't go there if you don't want pizza, it is there speciality after all but sometimes I get dragged along with a group or to a family members birthday party at milano's and since I don't want to repeat the toppings on a plate fiasco or if forget to bring my own chainsaw to cut through the base, I end up having to get a salad or lasagne?

That is all, by the way, I HATE MILANOS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

I once asked for bread with my lasagne as it was a tiny portion and I was starving.

"we don't do bread as a side"

sound.

Stingest excuse for an over priced pizza ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

Tails142 wrote: »
    Ok I'll start by saying I hate milano's here's why.

Ordered a pizza once and the base obviously tore while they were preparing it because when I got it, in the centre it was literally just toppings on a plate. It wasn't even the thin style base that I ordered.

That's their 'Leggera' pizza. It says it on the menu: "The hole in the middle is filled with rocket salad, santos tomatoes and shaved ricotta salata, finished with our light house dressing and parsley."

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭465

I quite like Millanos stuff,but their pizzas and pastas are really expensive considering the size of what you get.
    I would not consider going if I had no vouchers.
    I wonder does anyone know can this halfprice deal thing be combined with the Tesco vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

465 wrote: »
    I quite like Millanos stuff,but their pizzas and pastas are really expensive considering the size of what you get.
    I would not consider going if I had no vouchers.
    I wonder does anyone know can this halfprice deal thing be combined with the Tesco vouchers?

You cant use the tesco vouchers to Purchase the half price stuff, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

From time to time I've gone to Milanos in Dundrum. Recently we've seen Delarte open up and before long we'll have Jamie Olivers Italian restaurant

I was in Delarte for the first time on Saturday and was very impressed with the "Menu Del Arte" - €14.95 for a Main Course, starter or dessert and a drink. Drinks including 250ml carafe or 330ml beer. The wife and I both went for starters - the Garlic Bread with Mozzarela was enormous. I had carpaccio of beef with parmesan shavings - delicious - highly recommended for the cost

http://www.delarte.ie/DelArte_Special_Menu.pdf
    http://www.delarte.ie/delarte-main-menu.php

Advertisement