Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

" Make A Free Website " which is the best one to use ?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 4:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I want to make a free website and I'm wondering which is the best to use..
    Links would be very helpful. :)
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

If it'll be a blog-like site, or just a few simple pages, I'd go with WordPress, makes it really simple to throw up a few blog posts/pages and add new pages/posts.
    No hidden charges either, there are extra features you can pay for, but they're fairly up-front about them all and for most sites you'll never need or want them, the default is fine.

I'd be weary of a lot of places offering free websites, a lot of them have hidden charges, lots of intrusive terms and conditions or are just terrible.
    Make sure you get good recommendations for them (which I guess is what you're doing with this post :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mikey923

Thanks very much :) I'll try that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

there's also sites.google.com for more of a website than a blog.. site! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mikey923

Thanks for the help wollymammoth :) very appreciated.

Advertisement