Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bosch Icon wiper blades

Options
  • 09-01-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello. Does anybody know where in ireland can i buy Bosch Icon wiper blades.
    My car is Toyota Corolla '08 and by Bosch website i need 418A and 424A, wich by my understanding are 18" and 24". However (original) wipers on my car are 14" and 26". Does anybody have info on it?

All answer appreciated. Thanks

Martin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Longer blades will work fine usually. Look at your existing blades and then look at the clearance they leave on the glass. If there is a couple of inches spare, you can go an inch or so longer with the new blades and they will be fine. Same works for shorter but then you do not get as much glass cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

dnme wrote: »
    Longer blades will work fine usually. Look at your existing blades and then look at the clearance they leave on the glass. If there is a couple of inches spare, you can go an inch or so longer with the new blades and they will be fine. Same works for shorter but then you do not get as much glass cleared.

Also just to be clear about it,
    If you have 1 and a half inches of extra space on the windscreen that means you can take a two inch longer blade, one extra inch on each end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kubiak

Any idea where in Ireland can i buy those ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Corolla is no longer sold in the UK so the instructions may be for a different model and rare to get Irish model instructions online. Once the combination doesn't exceed space on the windscreen you will be fine, 40 inches total is working fine for you at the moment, see if an extra 2 will fit.

Never seen Icon before, as far as I know the best rated Bosch they do here are AeroTwin.

It looks like aerotwin is almost same thing as icon. I think Icon might be a market name in US.
    So, any idea are they available in Ireland and where could i buy them?

• Advertisement

Just go to your local autoparts and get a couple of decent wipers. You can trial and error fit them outside the shop, that way you can exchange em if they don't fit

Sorry, i don't want any "decent" no name wipers... i want best there is. If i won't source them anywhere i will go for same as i had new on the car... from toyota garage that is. Those lasted 3 years and were good.

kubiak wrote: »
    Sorry, i don't want any "decent" no name wipers... i want best there is. If i won't source them anywhere i will go for same as i had new on the car... from toyota garage that is. Those lasted 3 years and were good.

Yea, night now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I went through the whole rigamarole about Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades myself a couple of months back, ended up ordering them from www.wiperblades.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

try your local toyota dealers, I find them as cheap as anywhere for the bosch wipers

• Advertisement
Advertisement