Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog eating poop

Options
  • 09-01-2011 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Some advice please. My dog (a rescue) is with us eight months. He's now just gone a year old & is a lovely playful (high energy) thing. A cross between a retriever & a wheaten terrier.

In the last week I've noticed he's begun eating his poop. It's not usually left for long between him going & it being picked up if it happens in the garden, but on occassion (like today) I saw him doing one & by the time (literally two minutes) I got a bag & got out the back, he'd eaten it. Usually if we haven't noticed he's gone & we see him going for it, a quick bang on the window is enough to get him away so we can pick it up.

Also. The other day we were in the park having some off leash time & he was going for a terrific run when he stopped abbruptly & started eating, I was about 200 yards away & by the time I got to him whatever he was eating was gone but I could see duck/geese pellets all around so I'm guessing that's what it was.

We were recently (a week) advised to lift his bowl after 20 minutes to get him into a regular feeding pattern - up to this it was down for as long as he wanted. Even now he's still not eating the full amount of food when he does get it (30 minutes feeding time).

Would it be this or am I missing something & how can I get him to stop ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

If you do a search in this forum include the premod one this topic has been mentioned before. :)

Advertisement