Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damm Learner Drivers

Options
  • 09-01-2011 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

When you were learning to drive did you have any particularly embarrassing or bad incidents while on the road.
    For me it was stopping at stop signs and lights and then trying to start up again, I can remember one incident where I panicked and couldn't get the car started again while on O connell street in Limerick :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Which O Conne....oh nevermind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

lcrcboy wrote: »
    When you were learning to drive did you have any particularly embarrassing or bad incidents while on the road.
    For me it was stopping at stop signs and lights and then trying to start up again, I can remember one incident where I panicked and couldn't get the car started again while on O connell street in Limerick :o

suprised you had a car to start again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

No problems at all, i was always perfect driver.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

pmcmahon wrote: »
    suprised you had a car to start again

haha I actually had knackers shouting at me from the foot path got some amount of abuse

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Was going to flash my lights to let somebody come out of a space in front of me, and ended up spraying water on the windscreen instead :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

lcrcboy wrote: »

Ladies Lounge
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Was going to flash my lights to let somebody come out of a space in front of me, and ended up spraying water on the windscreen instead :o:o

Ladies Lounge
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Doing lessons in Galway and we passed the Joyce roundabout and the instructor blessed himself :eek:

Of course I saw this and reckoned my instructor thought I was going to get us killed
    I took offense, am I realy that bad? Maybe we should end the lesson so?

I was just nervous and not thinking clearly.

Just some people bless themselves by graveyards , we were passing Bohermore graveyard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Not so much embarrassment, just the sign of what dicks full drivers can be...

I stopped at the lights where there's a little rise for the junction box. I had stopped on the edge of the junction box so when the green light flashed, I didn't have enough revs and the car rolled back and stalled. By the time, I got the car moving again, the light had gone red so I braked and I was in practically the same position that I'd started in. Fair enough, I thought, I'll just wait for the next one. At least I knew what I'd done wrong.

Anyway, it took ages for the light to change. We were probably waiting five minutes easily. The car, a Merc, I think, behind me starts blaring his horn, even though the light's still red. Once he's started, the others behind him start blaring away at me, trying to get me to move, EVEN THOUGH THE LIGHT IS STILL RED! ****ing retards. I'm stuck here waiting for the light to change too, I'm not going to run a red light just because you ****s are impatient.

When the light did turn green and I was still getting blared at, I (deliberately) very slowly pulled away and turned the corner, just as the light switched to red. I sped off down a narrow, hilly road. Next thing, the guy who'd been behind me overtakes at a ridiculous speed without indicating and just about squeezes in between me and the guy driving down the opposite lane. Its a ****ing joke how intimidating these dicks can be. I have a L-plate up, they can have a bit of understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Not so much embarrassment, just the sign of what dicks full drivers can be...

I stopped at the lights where there's a little rise for the junction box. I had stopped on the edge of the junction box so when the green light flashed, I didn't have enough revs and the car rolled back and stalled. By the time, I got the car moving again, the light had gone red so I braked and I was in practically the same position that I'd started in. Fair enough, I thought, I'll just wait for the next one. At least I knew what I'd done wrong.

Anyway, it took ages for the light to change. We were probably waiting five minutes easily. The car, a Merc, I think, behind me starts blaring his horn, even though the light's still red. Once he's started, the others behind him start blaring away at me, trying to get me to move, EVEN THOUGH THE LIGHT IS STILL RED! ****ing retards. I'm stuck here waiting for the light to change too, I'm not going to run a red light just because you ****s are impatient.

When the light did turn green and I was still getting blared at, I (deliberately) very slowly pulled away and turned the corner, just as the light switched to red. I sped off down a narrow, hilly road. Next thing, the guy who'd been behind me overtakes at a ridiculous speed without indicating and just about squeezes in between me and the guy driving down the opposite lane. Its a ****ing joke how intimidating these dicks can be. I have a L-plate up, they can have a bit of understanding.

Ladies Lounge
    >

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

when i was learning to drive no....

now that i am a full license driver....had one last week,

there is a new traffic light junction right next to where i live so i am well used to the lights sequencing, so last week it was busy i pulled forward into the junction because the queue of traffic behind me was so long it was blocking the main road (its a bad layout in a small village) and i had a green light i was waiting on oncoming traffic to let me turn right, (plus i figured id have the filter light after the green if the oncoming traffic didn't stop)

when suddenly the filter light did not come on and the lights went amber, traffic was still oncoming clearly breaking the red light and i ended up having to sit in a junction with none of the traffic coming from the right being able to move because cars were still breaking the red lights, until eventually they stopped and i finally got to move, also now turning right on a red....i was soo embarrassed.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭scoll

My driving instructor was quite racist. One day we were out, just driving along when a young stepped out on to the road. She was a fair distance away. My driving instructor started giving out, saying to slow down, and that she was a silly girl. When we got a bit closer, my driving instructor noticed she was black and said "Oh, it's ok. Run her over, she's black!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

why is this in after hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Thread should surely read Damn Drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Never had any problems learning to drive. Found it straight forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

bmw535d wrote: »
    why is this in after hours?

Because someone posted it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I killed my sisters cat at the end of a driving lesson and never told my family...
    Havent driven since.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

Getting to the top of Threadneedle Road in Galway and having to do my first 'in-traffic' hill start with one of my mates in the passenger seat laughing out loud as I spun the wheels trying to set off as the lights turned red again in front of me. Thankfully the man behind me was a patient soul. I got out second time around... :-)

needless to say it took a couple of weeks of slagging before that one got laid to rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Never had any problems learning to drive. Found it straight forward.

It's only straight forward if you don't have to go round corners or reverse.

Advertisement