Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cab heater

Options
  • 09-01-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi.
    I installed 2nd hand 24v eberspacher D1L cab heater recently.
    I'm not getting any diesel to the unit.
    Pump seems to pulse Ok.
    1.I have the side with the electrical connection towards the unit is this the correct way round.
    2.Is this pump 12v or 24.put meter on but got 4v would this be right.
    3 Does this pump need to be primed or will it just suck.

Any answers appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

defike wrote: »
    Hi.
    I installed 2nd hand 24v eberspacher D1L cab heater recently.
    I'm not getting any diesel to the unit.
    Pump seems to pulse Ok.
    1.I have the side with the electrical connection towards the unit is this the correct way round.
    3 Does this pump need to be primed or will it just suck.

Any answers appreciated.

2 connections? It's only a motor , try the wires both ways.

I don't understand the 2nd question , you said it was a 24v... where are you measuring 4volts?

Always helps to prime up any pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

From what I can remember of my own, the pump should be mounted with the diesel pumping from the bottom to the top of it, and as you visually look at the pump the electrical connections should be protruding from the top of it, and not from the bottom.

The pump does need to be primed yes, and it is 24V. I know a few truck mechanics who used to use the indicator relay to prime the pump. but it was easy for them as they were all 24V

When you do prime it, make sure that you pulse 24V accross it until you get some diesel through it.

Where have you taken the diesel feed from?
    Not sure what you mean. Can you clarify?
    You only get pulsing power from the controller, so if you do put a multimeter onto it, by the time the display actually reads 24V it will have pulsed off again, so its a bit pointless. If you can feel the pump going, the it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Thanks lads.Took out the pump and flashed it with 12v and it seems to work ok.I noticed the inlet was much bigger than the outlet so I think my in pickup pipe might be too narrow.Also will position pump vertical as suggested.Diesel is from a gallon in the boot.

Heater working all ok .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Good man! well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

While on the subject of cab heater, how noisy should this heaters be? I find mine (Eberspacher D3LC) very noisy with a constand whirring noise. Does anyone else find this? Or is there anything to tone down the noise of the heater?

Mine does make a fair bit of noise(the fan)but can live with it.Prefer warmth than silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Same as, the DL1C that I have is quite noisy too.

Advertisement