Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little bit of help?

Options
  • 09-01-2011 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey all I'm quite new to the forum, (well brand new actually so If my topic is in the wring place, which it prolly is, then I'm sorry :P)

Okay well basically I'm looking for tips on talking to women, in clubs pubs or just out in general, I'm not one of these desperately ugly looking lads who put in no effort with appearance, I work out ive been told on many occasions I'm quite handsome/good looking.... I've got a personality...

I'm just terribly terribly shy.... If any guys( or girls ) could help with some tips... ( and not the usual smart-arsery) I'd really appreciate it

OR if I'm in the totally wrong place or there's a topic on this elsewhere feel free to put me in my place :P ( again I'm a noobie)

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

Well, since you're new here, you should be aware that this is the wrong place to ask questions like this. If you would like proper advice, you could try asking in Personal Issues, where you might get some constructive criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Get hammered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Craig9119

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Smartarse replies, you will go on my first whistle!

Meme spewing knobends, you will go on my second whistle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

Practise is the best way to learn.

Perhaps look into NLP or CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) to overcome your shyness.

And then practise some more.

And don't forget to practise.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Talk about periods, ask them what kind of pads/dipsticks they use. They'll love that you're so interested in their physiological make up and will warm to your sensitive ways.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's just what is the worst that can happen? Nothing. Stopped minding years ago, will never forget the first time though her shyh, then ye. You just gotta realise it's just a person and the worst that happens is one of the few billion women say no or not kiss you or w/e. >_>

Talk about periods, ask them what kind of pads/dipsticks they use. They'll love that you're so interested in their physiological make up and will warm to your sensitive ways.

talking about if she has a light or heavy flow might get him well in there as well, chicks dig that sensitive stuff.

It's just what is the worst that can happen? Nothing. Stopped minding years ago, will never forget the first time though her shyh, then ye. You just gotta realise it's just a person and the worst that happens is one of the few billion women say no or not kiss you or w/e. >_>

This.

I used to fear the embarrassment of rejection, to the point of debilitation, until like yourself, I learned not to care and to just laugh it off with a shrug.

A girl saying no isn't the end of the world.

AntiMatter wrote: »
    This.

I used to fear the embarrassment of rejection, until like yourself I learned not to care and to just laugh it off with a shrug.

A girl saying no isn't the end of the world.

Agree, you're in the exact same position if she says no as you were before you asked her, she might even appreciate the balls (and maybe your balls) if you do ask as it takes a lot to walk up and start talking to a girl.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Agree, you're in the exact same position if she says no as you were before you asked her, she might even appreciate the balls (and maybe your balls) if you do ask as it takes a lot to walk up and start talking to a girl.

And it does get easier with each rejection.

I do understand the OP's shyness, though, as I used the suffer the same myself. My knees would be shaking, my mouth would be dry, my voice would rise an octave or two, and I was barely able to even get any words out at all.

If your shyness is that crippling, OP, there are plenty of tools to learn some confidence. Then it's just a case of try, and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Browse the pics in the "Know your posters" type threads here and find someone you like the look of. Then subtly search her posts and discuss topics she's interested in. Then send her a pm suggesting you meet to discuss something in person.Then report back here and let us know if she puts out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ficheall wrote: »
    Browse the pics in the "Know your posters" type threads here and find someone you like the look of. Then subtly search her posts and discuss topics she's interested in. Then send her a pm suggesting you meet to discuss something in person.Then report back here and let us know if she puts out.

She will.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

lash yourself full of drink , pretend you have a lot of money , be a dickhead, go talk to girls and keep mentioning the money , rob cash from her purse while shes gone to the jacks then use that money to buy her drinks and a taxi home, afer your done leave/kick her out - repeat

AntiMatter wrote: »
    And it does get easier with each rejection.

I do understand the OP's shyness, though, as I used the suffer the same myself. My knees would be shaking, my mouth would be dry, my voice would rise an octave or two, and I was barely able to even get any words out at all.

If your shyness is that crippling, OP, there are plenty of tools to learn some confidence. Then it's just a case of try, and try again.

It's not just the shyness tho I have no knowledge of what to be saying to them, I'm 19 and I've had like one serious relationship ( the rest were when I was a kid) and it lasted like 2 years

What do you need to know, you'd swear you never talked to a girl. Ask them about themselves, make jokes, blah blah. They are generally drunk you know :P

Okay well I'll give an example.... There's a few girls in the centre where I work and I am really attracted to them but like what do I say, walk up and ask " could I get your number?" or "would you like to go for a few drinks sometime? " like I'm terrified I'm coming off as a weirdo...

You could do that or you could chat to them about general stuff first. End of the day if they are attracted to you they will say yes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Make small talk about work first then suggest drinks

Craig9119 wrote: »
    It's not just the shyness tho I have no knowledge of what to be saying to them, I'm 19 and I've had like one serious relationship ( the rest were when I was a kid) and it lasted like 2 years

Like Tar says just ask them about themselves, how they're doing, what they work at etc., and if they're interested the conversation will flow from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

There's a few girls in the centre where I work and I am really attracted to them

Just direct them to this thread. They'll probably feel so special that they'll throw you a surprise orgy party.

Okay well I'll give an example.... There's a few girls in the centre where I work and I am really attracted to them but like what do I say, walk up and ask " could I get your number?" or "would you like to go for a few drinks sometime? " like I'm terrified I'm coming off as a weirdo...

Don't ask them out straight off.

Start off by saying hello, or how's work going, if you get a positive response, get into conversation about the centre where you're both working, and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Ficheall wrote: »
    Just direct them to this thread. They'll probably feel so special that they'll throw you a surprise orgy party.

Don't you just love it when that happens? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

Cockiness with a sprinkle of cheekiness...without being arrogant.

You'll be knee deep in clunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm just terribly terribly shy.... If any guys( or girls ) could help with some tips... ( and not the usual smart-arsery) I'd really appreciate it
    As boneyarsebogman said, PI is really the best place for you at this time.
    Good luck with the girl hunting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement