Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Interview

Options
  • 09-01-2011 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Everyone,
    I am new here,
    I attended a recent job interview, but did not get the job. I feel I did very well at the interview, and consider the sucessful candidate got it through political pull.Maybe I am wrong !
    Can I ask for the interview notes, and where I came in the interview? It might help me in future interviews.
    Thank you for any responses.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Hi Tommy. It is very frustrating for you when you feel you did well at your interview. What I suggest you should do is to request "feedback" from the appropriate person.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Hi Tommy. I am new to this forum. I posted a reply but I put a different title on it. Don't know if you got it or not. Hope this goes into Reply for you to let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Tommy.... as someone who has been the 'interviewer' on numerous occasions - this modern day attitude of failed candidates looking for 'interview notes' is a double edge sword.

Because of this ... I am sceptical of what I write down any more. So what are you going to do with the notes... are you going to sue of you find something like 'slightly overweight'... or '45 yrs old' etc?? I don't want the hassle of you coming back to haunt me.....I gave you an interview... and unfortunately you did not succeed!!!

To be honest.... you line of thinking is not helpful and is only wasting everyones time. Even contacting interviewers to get feedback is not wise as

1. The interviewer may not have made 'negative remarks' that he could later pass back to you.
    2. He is not goiing to say 'your communication skills are awful' etc. IS that what you want to hear?? Is that confidence building etc
    3. Say if he says something that is trying to be constructive - you take offence and next thing he gets some legal letter from some Equal Rights / Employments Agency writing on your behalf.

So.... pick yourself up and get on with the next one. Don't harper on why the other guy got the job. If he got it.. he got it. There is little you can do about it.

AND... whilst it doesn't happen in my case.... the 'political' appointment is rife in the PS and government agencies. Always was and aleays will be.
    Happened to be in my early days on numerous occassions!!!!!

Otherwise,,,,, best of luck in your career!¬!

Advertisement