Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBCS practice?

Options
  • 09-01-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey guys Batman here yesterday was my first tourney and everybody was real helpful giving me pro tips especially Vaughan. Now heres my dilemma i need practice practice practice but i have nobody local who plays BB and everybody i talked to advised me not to play online, so how should i get my practice?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

If it's not too much hassle for you, there are generally casuals on every week or so in the XGC, generally on Saturdays. If you hang about the forum, there'll be people posting up about them, checking interest for a given day; that'd be your best bet. Otherwise, I suppose a little online wouldn't hurt hugely; it's how I used to get my practice in in CT.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Challenge mode, Practice mode, read forums/FAQs.

Also, play online for matchup experience.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Online play isn't perfect but it's not like it's unusable. In fact BBCS seems to me to be quite good, netcode wise.

That said, I learn ALOT more when I have someone good beside me going "that's bad. That's stupid. That's good".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Read dustloop, use training mode, use your head

inb4 it doesn't work, I'm proof, you don't need online to improve, but it's good

Ramza wrote: »
    I'm proof

Comes top 8 16 in one tournament and look at his head expand :P

• Advertisement

Nah I just mean I learned combos and how the game works/matchup from dustloop and training ^^

Or is it a joke about you? @_@

I cannot sense sarcasm on the interwebz

Ramza wrote: »
    Nah I just mean I learned combos and how the game works/matchup from dustloop and training ^^

Or is it a joke about you? @_@

I cannot sense sarcasm on the interwebz

I was only kidding dude, relax :)

and yes I was taking the piss out of myself while at it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Never mind the offline snobs, online is where its at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Online's never going to be as good as offline, true, but as far as fighting games go Blazblue's online play is probably as close as you're going to get on a console.

Other than that, I don't really have anything to add to what everyone else has already said.

I was only kidding dude, relax :)

and yes I was taking the piss out of myself while at it too!

Nah I knew you were kidding just didn't get it till after I posted lol

<-- dope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Yo man, Just play challenge mode and spend some time in pratice. Come to casual as much as possible if it not to much hassle. thats what i do

Me and voa usual go down on sat to play some blazblue.
    I don't play offline cause i can't deal with it >_< Trying to get lvl 3 drives with makoto is a pain in the ass and i don't want to adjust to the online timing. So you can still get better playing offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Thanks for all the helpful replies lad's much appreciated :)

Advertisement