Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance after driving ban

Options
  • 09-01-2011 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was banned of the road and looking to get back driving with my ban over next month. Just wondering does anyone no a good insurance company to deal with have done some research and got some varying quotes top quote quoted me €7200 on 1.2 corsa got a quote of €2100 of quinn direct for the same car. Any help tips would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

€2,100 dont seem too bad... did you try xsdirect? they do have an excess of €4,000 do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

friend of mine was just in the same situation,

he got insured for under 1k, fully comp,was either 123.ie or chill.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

brightkane wrote: »
    friend of mine was just in the same situation,

he got insured for under 1k, fully comp,was either 123.ie or chill.ie

Jesus in that case its cheaper have a driving ban than an accident

OP have you tried brokers as they would be used to dealing with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

briankav wrote: »
    I was banned of the road and looking to get back driving with my ban over next month. Just wondering does anyone no a good insurance company to deal with have done some research and got some varying quotes top quote quoted me €7200 on 1.2 corsa got a quote of €2100 of quinn direct for the same car. Any help tips would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

I was in the same position and I got my insurance for €500 in a 1.4 after a 2 year ban from Quinn Direct and it went down to 400 this year, Have you try to get insurance from the people you had it with before your ban as they legally have to give you a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 briankav

I was with axa but they wont quote until they see my license. Its amazing the price difference between the insurance companies. Im 24 and have no accidents against me. the guy who got insurance 4 €500 did really well i never had a quote below €1500 with a full clean license. Thanks for the help ill keep looking around and see what happens

• Advertisement
Advertisement