Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flatcoated retriever wanted!

Options
  • 08-01-2011 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm desperately looking for a flatcoated retriever puppy this year. Does anyone know of any breeders or litters in Ireland? I know there are some in England but I ideally don't want to bring the puppy on the ferry back....
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Hey OP,

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for but I just wanted to warn you - these are gorgeous dogs but unfortunately they are very prone to cancer at a relatively early age. I'll try and dig out the facts for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lisahallatt

Hi boomerang,
    Yes I have heard that but I think it's generally inherited cancer so if you buy from a proper breeder where both the mother and father have been screened and tested for the various problems then I imagine this is less of a problem? Correct me if I'm wrong though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

There was a thread on flatcoated retrievers a while ago, they seem to be extremely rare in Ireland, I'm not sure if the previous poster found one at all, you should find the thread if you do a search for it.

Advertisement