Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trivial question

Options
  • 08-01-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi folks,

this is a very trivial question compared to some of the other questions on here but have to ask anyway!

my male pup is 10 months old at the this stage and i was wondering when do they learn to lift their leg when peeing? hes not been neutered yet and we have another 6 year male in the house who lifts his leg on anything and everything (outside! :D) so he has been "shown" what to do. he's a large breed gun dog so has a bit more growing in him yet so maybe when he's bigger he'll learn?

any insight is appreciated!
    thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

There are some dogs who will never lift their leg to pee, my springer is 10 months old and is in the same boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

My 15 month old great dane still squats. Some dogs just don't lift their legs, nothing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭thesandeman

My female collie has been doing the opposite for the last 12 years lol. She squats to pee and then lifts her leg when shes finished, often overbalancing when shes not beside a tree/wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

It took my lab x until he was 2 to start cocking his leg. My JRT is 3 half and still squats! But then I've come across dogs cocking their legs as young as 4 months. Entirely up to each dog so no short answer, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

My springer is 8 and he has only started to cock his leg in the past few months. So as others have said on here every dog is different so no need to worry at all:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement