Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest college to get into

Options
  • 08-01-2011 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

hello, I was wonderign what is the easiest college in cambridge and oxford to get into ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

I can only answer this for Cambridge, where I study.

But it really depends on the person and the degree. For example the famous King's College in notoriously communist, even have Soviet Flags etc in their bar, boat club etc. Their staff are picked in that image, and students likewise, its usually the most protest hungry college.

Gonville & Caius College has always been a popular spot for Southern Anglo-Irish, and has strong Tory connections. Sidney Sussex College is a common spot for those coming from Jesuit schools (Belvo, Clongowes, Zaga etc).

St. Edmunds College has strong numbers of Blackrock, Michael's folk. Queen's also a good spot with a good few ex Loreto on the Green and Mounties.

Also depends on you study area. Pembroke and Wolfson are the main spots for those studying Land Economy and the Sciences. Both have a lot of Irish.

For the humanities and Arts most colleges have a good few. Best thing is to look at the colleges, have a look at their alumni lists and see where you think you would fit in best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

as a rule of thumb, the newer the easier

Advertisement