Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike fitting - should I follow the instructions ?

Options
  • 08-01-2011 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Please see: http://www.focus-bikes.com/int/en/bikes/bikes-2011/category/racing-bikes-3/model/izalco-pro-10-4.html

I went to cycle superstore in 2008 to have a bike fitting (they are using bikefitting.com). As a result I got following measurements (unfortunately I have no camera or scanner to upload an image of the printout).

Following the focus chart my measurements look like this (F: - is the value for the frame sized 62):

A - 635 (F: 620)
    B - 611 (F: 588)
    C - 72,5 (F: 73,5)
    D - 73,5 (F: 73)
    E - 400 (F: 405)
    I - 45 (F: 43)
    J - 1048 (F: 1005)

My question here is: there are some differences especially between A,B,J and will they or do they make any difference here (if I was to get the focus frame?).
    I have another printout including positioning of saddle, height, stem length etc. Will I be able to compensate the differences with bigger/smaller stem etc.

Or should I just feel the bike and not really bother with those printouts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,019 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

B (horiz TT length) and G (headtube length) are the most important.

Did your bikefit really recommend a 61cm toptube? That's completely off the scale. You must be about 7 feet tall.

I have no idea what things like chainstay length are doing in a bike fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,019 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Giant TCR?

geometry%20advanced&advsl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭omri

I think the guy that was taking measurements mentioned some brand of the bikes they are selling. Maybe it was Giant.

Anyway im 195 cm tall - that's I think around 6'4" or so. I had 58 frame before and it felt kind of small + gave me some neck pains so I couldn't raise the seatpost high enouf + had to have 1 certain position of the saddle otherwise pains in the neck happen after 10-15min cycling. So I decided to get bike fitting before I bought focus which was closest to the results of the fitting, eventhough the bars and stem that came with it were too big.

Advertisement