Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a house - are you thinking of selling?

Options
  • 08-01-2011 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

We have been house hunting for the past 3.5 years and have not yet been successful in buying anything. We have put good bids (at least 85% of asking price) on at least 5 properties at this stage, but none of these have been accepted (and none of these properties have sold since).

We are mortgage approved (as of December 2010) and have a large cash input, so we are extremely frustrated at this stage needless to say and just want to get settled in somewhere.

Our requirements are relatively simple:
    • North Roscommon/South Sligo/Longford/Leitrim area
    • Close to the N4 - i.e. not in the middle of nowhere, where you have a 15 min drive just to get to a main road/shop
    • Minimum 4 bed, ideally with 2 reception rooms
    • Built by a builder (not a self-build by Mickey Joe the farmer/garda)
    • Good BER rating (well insulated and easily heated)
    • Not already on Daft/My Home/Property News as we have seen them all...
    Please PM me with details if you have a suitable property in mind. Thank you very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SquallyShowers

Thanks RingoTruth, but they only seem to have houses around West Roscommon (Castlerea/Ballaghadereen etc.) which wouldn't suit us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

[*]Built by a builder (not a self-build by Mickey Joe the farmer/garda)
    [*]Good BER rating (well insulated and easily heated)

The 2 above quoted things are not mutually exclusive.

Builders (developers) are generally of the mindset that the minimum will do, as it's the cheapest and any extra will eat into potential profits.

Much better IMO to get a self-build which is now being sold.
    No-one insulates a house like those who will be living in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

RingoTruth, you seem to have signed up purely to promote a certain business.
    This is against boards policy, which you agreed to when you signed up.
    I have removed the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

SquallyShowers, I suggest you use just Accomodation section where you have a duplicate post, or the new adverts section
    http://www.adverts.ie/property/282

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement