Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 40PFL7605H/05 Problem(head wrecked)

Options
  • 07-01-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I bought the Original philips tv on the 28th of december.
    I only have a Humax freeview pvr connected to hdmi 1.

This is the problem.
    This TV has the internet built in and it came with a wifi dongle included.
    When i was browsing the internet or using the app for youtube videos and the screen had to change (i.e. go to type in a new web address or simply go back a page/ or search for a new video in youtube) it would freeze up and the screen would have a coloured hue of which i've seen it go blue,green,purple,silver,pink! or the tv would simply restart itself.
    There is no exact sequence that make this happen but it will happen within 5-10 mins.
    When this happens it may or may not return to tv mode and if it does it will retain the coloured hue.No option then but to power off and on.

The other problem is if i am watching the humax on the hdmi port and i put the tv on standby and return to the tv later when i turn on the tv it will still be on the hdmi feed although it will display no signal.To resolve this i have to restart the humax and then it will display an image!
    I have also had picture with no sound and sound with no picture so again a restart of the humax box.
    There is no setting on the humax to change how the hdmi works and it was never an issue with the last tv.

So what about using a different hdmi port i hear you ask well i have tried them all and same issue.

What about a firmware upgrade?Yes i have done this also.

What about returning it?I am on my third TV set now and same issues.

The retailer has been great about this and has given me different batch numbers and has offered a refund no problem but hey i just want a TV that does all its supposed to do:(

Has anyone else seen this happen on this model or am i just very unlucky.

The original TV is getting picked up by philips on mon-tues to examine what the hell is going on.

Sugestions on another tv that would be on a par with this one as in 100htz led 40" but that just works like it should.

Photos added

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That's quite a strange one,never heard of it before,have you searched the internet for similar problems? What did Philips say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Great tv by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭benmeade

No I can find any simular problems on the net.

Philips are picking up the first one i left back on monday to have a look although im sure they wont be able to replicate the fault.
    Its a joke having to reboot the humax just to get the tv to detect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Try a new HDMI cable? might be something simple.

Try a new HDMI cable? might be something simple.
    I wish it was so simple!
    Have tried changing the cable already.
    Its to do with the HDCP handshake i reckon because the TV just cant seem to retain it in standby however it doesnt explain the colours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 murty3

benmeade wrote: »
    I bought the Original philips tv on the 28th of december.
    I only have a Humax freeview pvr connected to hdmi 1.

This is the problem.
    This TV has the internet built in and it came with a wifi dongle included.
    When i was browsing the internet or using the app for youtube videos and the screen had to change (i.e. go to type in a new web address or simply go back a page/ or search for a new video in youtube) it would freeze up and the screen would have a coloured hue of which i've seen it go blue,green,purple,silver,pink! or the tv would simply restart itself.
    There is no exact sequence that make this happen but it will happen within 5-10 mins.
    When this happens it may or may not return to tv mode and if it does it will retain the coloured hue.No option then but to power off and on.

The other problem is if i am watching the humax on the hdmi port and i put the tv on standby and return to the tv later when i turn on the tv it will still be on the hdmi feed although it will display no signal.To resolve this i have to restart the humax and then it will display an image!
    I have also had picture with no sound and sound with no picture so again a restart of the humax box.
    There is no setting on the humax to change how the hdmi works and it was never an issue with the last tv.

So what about using a different hdmi port i hear you ask well i have tried them all and same issue.

What about a firmware upgrade?Yes i have done this also.

What about returning it?I am on my third TV set now and same issues.

The retailer has been great about this and has given me different batch numbers and has offered a refund no problem but hey i just want a TV that does all its supposed to do:(

Has anyone else seen this happen on this model or am i just very unlucky.

The original TV is getting picked up by philips on mon-tues to examine what the hell is going on.

Sugestions on another tv that would be on a par with this one as in 100htz led 40" but that just works like it should.

Photos added
    Hi I Purchased My Philips 40PFL 7605H/05 on 21st Dec 10

I havent tried it on the Internet yet but I have a problem with the new Digital Mpeg 4 in that I cannot Display the EPG or the Interative Text Service.

I have another non Philips Brand TV working on the same signal and it works perfect. I have downloaded the new updated software and contacted The Philips Tech Centre and they are looking to find a solution.

I was wondering have you text and the EPG guide on the Irish Digital Service.My set didnt come with the WiFi Dongle included are you trying a new dongle with each new set?

When you set up the Humax to the TV did you try another Hdmi port it shouldnt make a difference but its worth a try.

How old is the Humax? I know it worked on the other TV but could you try it on a newer non Philips Set.

What tuner is in the PVR \and model

I know that you have tried most things but I would try a different PVR with the Philips TV and try the Humax with a different TV. It wont solve your solution but it might point the finger to the PVR.

Best of Luck

@murty3

As this is you first post welcome to boards.
    There is Threads on the epg not working as it hasn't been activated on the philips firmware when you set it to Ireland(this has been talked about to death now)
    Retune your tv and set it to the uk and then you will have the mheg5 and the epg but on the other hand you will loose the radio channels by doing this but i think its worth the trade off.
    This will fix your problem now back to mine.
    I had the Humax HDR setup with my sony TV and it worked flawlessly.
    Yes I have tried all the hdmi ports and still the same sh*t.
    I have had the TV connected wirelessly and wired direct to the router with the same results.
    Im going to bring the TV back and get a refund as I cant reset the humax when its recording or it will stop the recording.
    Humax is set to 1080i as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

murty3 wrote: »
    Hi I Purchased My Philips 40PFL 7605H/05 on 21st Dec 10

I havent tried it on the Internet yet but I have a problem with the new Digital Mpeg 4 in that I cannot Display the EPG or the Interative Text Service.

Not to distract from the original thread, but thought I could help you here. If you set your home country on the TV to UK then you will be able to get the EPG information and the Digital Teletext (MHEG) on RTÉ. However, you will lose the Saorview Radio stations.

I currently have a support case open with Philips Support for this issue on the 32PFL5405H/05, so I presume it is the same on your 40' model.
    Link to related thread

Hope that helps.

Brought it back and got a refund.
    NEVER AGAIN PHILIPS!

NEVER AGAIN PHILIPS!
    HI THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE JUST WONDERING WHAT TV DID YOU BUY INSTEAD? AND is the Humax pvr working on it?

• Advertisement

Not to distract from the original thread, but thought I could help you here. If you set your home country on the TV to UK then you will be able to get the EPG information and the Digital Teletext (MHEG) on RTÉ. However, you will lose the Saorview Radio stations.

I currently have a support case open with Philips Support for this issue on the 32PFL5405H/05, so I presume it is the same on your 40' model.
    Link to related thread

Hope that helps.
    Thanks a mill for that I also have a case open with Philips Support but looking at the other threads I am not holding my breath for a software update.I know that it is not a problem on the Samsung or Sony sets that I have so I am dissapointed with the Philips Set and their lack of interest on the matter.I think it is misleading to give the impression that their sets are Ireland Digital Ready when clearly the software is not.I think I will have to up the anti!!!

NEVER AGAIN PHILIPS!
    By the way sorry for hijacking your thead Im new to this so Im only learning thanks.

murty3 wrote: »
    By the way sorry for hijacking your thead Im new to this so Im only learning thanks.
    Its no problem:)
    To be honest I never rated philips as being top of my list in TV sets and this episode was the final nail in the coffin for me.But thats just my opinion other people will differ.Also this set was on offer which made it attractive at the time.

I haven't bought another TV yet as I'm going to hold off until the official launch of saorview to see what brand gets their act together:rolleyes:

The Humax i have is a Foxsat HDR (I know i refered to this as a pvr but the pvr is a freeview box but the HDR is freesat box).I put my sony TV back up and it never had an issue with the Humax.

I hope Philips get their act together for the sake of all the people who have just bought their Tv sets.

Its no problem:)
    To be honest I never rated philips as being top of my list in TV sets and this episode was the final nail in the coffin for me.But thats just my opinion other people will differ.Also this set was on offer which made it attractive at the time.

I haven't bought another TV yet as I'm going to hold off until the official launch of saorview to see what brand gets their act together:rolleyes:

The Humax i have is a Foxsat HDR (I know i refered to this as a pvr but the pvr is a freeview box but the HDR is freesat box).I put my sony TV back up and it never had an issue with the Humax.

I hope Philips get their act together for the sake of all the people who have just bought their Tv sets.

The reason I purchased the Philips was also the price but the picture quality was the best in the shop although the LED samsung are excellent but too expensive for me.I got a 32'' LED hd ready TV and it has no Software issues and is a great set and it was cheap on the sales.
    I went back to the shop where I purchased the Philips 40pfl7605h and told them of my problems and that Philips Customer Services didnt get back to me or even let on that there was a lack of proper software to support their set and the bottom line as we speak is that Philips say that saorview is not officialy launched yet!! I am not telling you what to do but I would take the Humax with you when you buy the next TV because it is the only sure way of not getting caugh again happy shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Its a pity as Philips have a fantastic picture and sound.

Advertisement