Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Licence Query.

Options
  • 07-01-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering about the Hill climb champs and similar races this coming season. Can't find the thread or posts but I do remember someone saying you needed the full open licence to participate in the Hill climb champs. this year-that a one day licence will no longer be accepted.

Is this still the case? Club/licence renewal next week and I just want to know what I need to do these races.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Bump.

Anybody who might know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'd just get the full license anyway, chances are you will want to do at least a few open races during the year and paying for a one day each time starts to add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

AFAIK a full license was required for all national championships in 2010 anyway. Suggest you contact Rory Wall [Roryw@CyclingIreland.ie] for full clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I'd just get the full license anyway, chances are you will want to do at least a few open races during the year and paying for a one day each time starts to add up.

Thats fair enough though I'm miserly at this time of year:D and thought of just getting the standard licence aand see how I get on as the year unfolds!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

To participate in any national championships run by Cycling Ireland you need a full open licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

RobFowl wrote: »
    To participate in any national championships run by Cycling Ireland you need a full open licence.

and also note at this time ivca licences wont be accepted in champs or open races for that matter

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

morana wrote: »
    and also note at this time ivca licences wont be accepted in champs or open races for that matter
    What's the reasoning behind "banning" IVCA licences? Are the vets retaliating in kind?

Also, does this affect track racing in any way?

(Not that I would want to try open racing:p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

The IVCA need to make up their minds whether they are in Cycling Ireland (the recognized governing body for Ireland by the UCI) or not.
    If they don't want to sign up to the recognized governing body then they can't expect to ride in its events. As it is they are a seperate organisation and apparently wish to stay that way.
    Cycling Ireland was going out of it's way to 'let them have it both ways', but it looks like they don't want that either. Nothing to stop any individual in IVCA from taking out a CI lisence though.

Advertisement