Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from Dublin to Nenagh tonight?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of driving from Dublin to Nenagh tonight, but heard on the radio that there have already been snow falls in Munster and that the Gardai are asking people to take care on the roads. They later upgraded that to saying that the roads were "treacherous".

I'd really rather go tonight. Does anyone know first hand what its like out there? Its only raining here in Dublin so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

bump - (leaving soon-ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

The uncle says its snowing in borrisokane.

But the m7 is normally in good nick and easily maintained.

I'd give it a go, unless youre in a rear driver.

Could be interesting then!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Light covering of snow in Nenagh at the moment roads around the town so far ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

From AA Roadwatch at 19.50:

TIPPERARY* Treacherous driving conditions due to snow and ice particularly around Nenagh and Roscrea and also on the M7 Dublin/Limerick Rd through the county. The Shalee Cross/Killascully Rd near Newport is impassable.

I travelled from Borrisoleigh to Nenagh earlier and it's pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Hubby - just back in from a trip to Kilkenny - said roads in Roscrea bad - heavy snow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement