Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAN THE EXPERTS HELP US CHOOSE?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi, I am using the bike to work scheme to get a new bike. I only want to spend around €500/€600 as i'm afraid It will just gather dust more than not.

I want to go on spins, 5 miles a week perhaps. I also want it to go to the shop, pop around to friends etc. Basically to get in shape and keep me out of the car.

I have been looking at this
    http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=32&idproduct=38459

If anyone has a moment to look at the specs or give me some advice on what to go with, I and alot of other beginners would be very greatful. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

The bike looks to be ideal for what you have in mind and good value too.
    Not sure if that's a typo but 5 miles a week wont do much for you fitness but I'm sure you'll be doing a lot more in no time.

Good idea to get a few accessories while you're at it, lights, pump maybe clip on mudguards for the current weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Registered Users Posts: 30 goreyhead

Great idea, did something the same last year ,got a gaint escape 2 for just getting out and aboat, when weather was ok was getting out 3-4 evening a week and doing around 20km, only thing i say i regret not buying a better bike but was same as you didnt know if i would like it or not,but buy best you can afford and agree buy a good lock with your bike or you wont have it long,

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Cube attention/acid or carerra vengeance ultimate would good bikes. There's also ktm bikes are good.

Advertisement