Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirky Windows 7 Behaviour

Options
  • 07-01-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Okay, some may recognise me from the Antec 300 Airflow and BSOD problem Thread (just to give you an idea of what happened previous to this behaviour). I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on my self-built PC and now after all that trouble I'm having this....:(

• Firstly, my recycle bin randomly keeps saying its corrupt and that everything should be deleted out of it.
    • Bad Company 2 still has BSOD's with the dxgmms1.sys error mentioned and I'm certain thats a driver problem with the sound. I think thats just an DICE and EA hiccup as others have this.
    • While playing Football Manager 2011 it froze with a sound loop and after closing the program through ctrl-alt-del, it continued to loop even when playing youtube videos and even after starting football manager up again. Can only be stopped by restarting the PC.
    • I have both Crysis and Crysis Warhead and both crash randomly with no set period of time. After checking their logs they make reference to memory leaks.
    • One time when I turned the PC on and logged in Asus Xonar DX Audio Center had stopped responding and refused to restart. I had to do a reinstall to get it working.
    • After transferring my backup files over to the new fresh install, my hard drive was quite fragmented if that's any help. I recently got UPC Broadband and the wireless phone, and broadband router are sitting beside the PC although I don't think that would make any difference.
    • Lastly trying to close some applications like Metaboli Downloader (GAME.co.uk video game downloader) I occasionally get this "unhandled exception" error I haven't got a prime example, but next time it happens I'll post it up.
    • I have done CHKDSK, sfc /SCANNOW and ran memtest86+ for 6 passes, all with no errors. So...(sigh)... What could be the problem now?
    Any help would be once again greatly appreciated...:rolleyes: EDIT: I'm aware this isn't really in the right category but I built this PC myself and got the suggestion of parts of this site months ago. Once built I started having problems and came back to this forum for help... You can still move the topic though if you want to a more appropriate spot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

looks to me like u have bad chipset drivers. if your getting lots of corrupt files a crappy chipset driver will cause u no end of problems.

for me its the intel ich7 chipset driver that causes similar issues on my win 7 x64 machine. try force your sata drive speed in your bios to sata 1 to reduce the rate of errors.

oddly enuff when i downgraded that pc to win vista x64 the problems went away for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kevinf63

looks to me like u have bad chipset drivers. if your getting lots of corrupt files a crappy chipset driver will cause u no end of problems.

By chipset drivers, do you mean southbridge drivers? Or all AMD64 chipset drivers on the mobo? Cause I recently installed a "south bridge" driver for AMD mobo's that I probably shouldn't have.

I might give the SATA 1 thing a try. Thanks for the info and reply. :)

Advertisement