Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Dodgeball

Options
  • 07-01-2011 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

How's it going? A new recreational dodgeball league is being set up in Waterford City, catering for males and females...anybody interested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Starting tonight and every other weekend night in "The Toddle"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Yeah gonna be needing more info there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 wellbutty2011

The 1st league is starting up on Wednesday coming in Waterpark School hall, 8-9pm...I have 4 teams and am starting up the league with 4 teams! This will take roughly 7 weeks to finish, but I'm going to try take another few teams over the next few weeks - if they want to enter a team for a new league, I can take them through the rules, and try get another league going on the same night! You can email me on waterford.dodgeball@gmail.com or type in Waterford Dodgeball League on Facebook - I've been playing it with a few of the buddies in the Butler Centre the past 6 or so weeks, and there are videos and clips on the Facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

If you posted the link to your facebook page you might get more people interested ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

Im interested.
    How many players are needed to make a team, how many have to be male/female and whats are the costs of entering a team and playing weekly?

The minimum to be registered on a team is 6, and the maximum is 12! Each game of dodgeball requires 6 players per team, but it's very fast and furious, so if you could bring 8-10 people per game, you'd be able to rotate in and out, keep people fresh.

There's no exact numbers of males and females in any team, but it's recreational and a good craic, so I leave it up to each team to pick their squad whatever way they want - a good mix will lead to a better craic though.

It costs just €30 to register your team (split amongst 12 players its only €2.50 a head) and on the night, it's a fiver per person for an hour's dodgeball! Trying to keep it as reasonable as possible, it's good craic and good exercise for €5 a hour.

If you want an application form, just email me at waterford.dodgeball@gmail.com and I can send one onto you, with a copy of the rules!

Advertisement