Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continue the Story?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey guys, I know it's done all the time but I'm bored today and out of ideas....do you want to add a few lines and see where this goes? :)

The little boy dropped a gloved hand to the ground and scooped up some snow. He moulded it into a ball carefully, flung it at the ground and carried on along the road. The walk was a bigger effort than usual with the snow boots clamped to his feet and his new snowsuit, big enough to “grow in to”, restricting his movement. Ahead stood his sister, her cheeks red with the cold and her hands planted on her hips.
    “Come on,” she said, “we’re late.”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Coffeeapple

I'll give it a go, I've been struggling to get any writing started today

He collapsed on to his behind, marveling at the softness of the pile of snow at the side of the road. “No, I’m not going, you can’t make me.” He tried to cross his arms in an approximation of an angry adult’s, he gave up trying to get his hands to meet and let his arms fall on to the front of his snowsuit.

“Oh I can make you, Timothy Reilly.” she clumped towards him like a skier who's just been told that the mountain is closed and they'll have to walk down.

He kept up a defiant posture, while digging the heels of his boots into the snow. “Come and get me, then, I dare ya.” He reached down and gathered another snowball.

She looked up from her ponderous footsteps and saw the pile of snowballs growing on the arm of his roadside snow couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

Timothy then decide run into nearby woods.
    Vanessa, who carry some weight, travel little slower and lose Timothy over period of 500m. She becoming worried that Ma and Pa may worry decide it best to return home. In meantime Timothy has climbed up tree for good vantage point. He pretend he is Jason Bourne from successful motion picture "The Bourne Identity". Suddenly he hear two men speak nearby. They carry large sack and shovels. Timothy has interest in archaelogy so decide to follow their trail, disguising himself beforehand by rolling around in winter leaves.

Please continue.
    This is good story with new direction I feel.
    Many possibility exist for Timothy I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Timothy after covering himself in leaves dips behind a fir tree as the two men stop suddenly. They set down their shovels and sacks and set about making a campfire in the clearing. He listens intently and through overhearing their conversation he realises that these two men are on the hunt for non-native English speakers who contribute to English creative writing forums. He wonders why the two men are searching for these type of people in forests where children hang around. Sordid thoughts flash across his mind. He begins to pant heavily and leans against the trunk of a fir tree. However in doing so he inadvertently causes the tree to shake and some snow falls from its branches. The two men on hearing the snow, quickly glance around and spy a small boy wrapped in a red snowsuit, obviously too big for him. He looks like a lagging jacket on a tiny immersion tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Timothy then dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bdeb

Only Timothy didn't die: He had feigned death; something he had seen in a James Bond movie. When the two bounty hunters realised he was not of a foreign disposition: They fled, fearing his death on their hands and a very long stretch in prison.
    Timoty soon realised he had stumbled upon a situation he could not fully understand. He back-tracked to try and find his big sister: Whom had got so tired of looking for him, had trekked to the sheriffs office to organise a search party.
    The townsfolk had gathered around like bumble bees at a honey pot until the sheriff gave them local spots to check out. He personally went to the local television and radio station to broadcast an appeal. Following this by a visit to the local computer store; his intention was to place a post on boards .ie but it didn't quite fit the forum rules so was disallowed.
    Vexed and enraged he returned to the main search party and as they set off; Timothy appeared.
    After relaying his story to the sheriff and the search party. The sheriff had no option but to call in the FBI which was something he really did not want to do: Because it was through his office the bounty hunters were paid bounties for catching these non-english speaking aliens. Eventually the Timothys story received a mention in the Senate and bounty hunting was abolished as a result. They placed a rather dubious monument to Timothy in the grounds of the Whitehouse. Few people ever comment on is as no one actually knows what it represents.
    To be continued
    Your turn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Coffeeapple

“What does that damn monument even represent?” Ricky-Bob was on his 6th Heineken, ever since Iraq he always seemed to be on his 6th Heineken. He reached out for his can, his metal claw knocked it to the floor of the security hut. “Damn robocop digits.” He thought he saw the president outside the door, he jumped to attention, He rubbed the manly tears from his eyes, to find it was actually a Japanese tourist with a camera hanging from his neck.

“Hello sir, would you mind awfully taking a visual representation of myself and my wife using this portable pictorial machine?”

Ricky-Bob looked suspiciously at the man, “You don’t speak like no damn Chink I ever met. He reared up to his full height of 5 foot 2 and looked up at the tourist, “You some kind of terrorist, son?”

“I was educated at Cambridge in the 1920’s old chap. I look awfully young for my age. Now toodle pip and take that pic.” He joined his wife by the gates of the white house, turned and smiled happily for Ricky-bob.

“I don’t like the look of this, I had better inform the Mr President, but I don’t want to get these god damn terrorists suspicions a riding high.” Ricky-Bob muttered to himself as he tried to figure out how to take a picture.

A thought struck him with the force (and regularity of a thunder bolt). “damnit, yes sir, if I take this here camera and throw it with just the right swing I could bounce it off that damn monument that don’t even represent anything and it just might flash and catch the eye of the president up in his oval office."

“Are you alright old chap? Yung Wan go see if the man needs a hand.” The tourist said.

“Yes sir, just got it now, tricky things these fancy elec-tronics. Here we go, say mac and cheese now.”

“But that’s not the way to take a pict”- The Japanese tourist said as Ricky-Bob wound up his throwing arm and lobbed the camera over the security fence and into the white house lawn. The camera fell on and instantly killed a fat rat crawling ten feet from the monument whose purpose nobody can ascertain.

“God Damn Terrorists!” Ricky-Bob yelled. Seeing that his plan had failed so thoroughly and as a result had left him so vulnerable to the Japanese terrorists, he decided his only hope was to get to the safety of the security hut before they could terrorise him. He lurched into motion, tripped on his open shoe lace and fell into a drunken heap on the gravel.

“I say Yung Wan, he’s just thrown our camera over by that monument of a miniature immersion tank.”

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bdeb

Yung wan in a perplexed state started to climb the fence to fetch the camera when suddenly it seemed the forth of July celebrations had started. Suits and flashing lights filled the area. Ricky Bob feeling somewhat rickedy and tipply on his feet ran from the hut and grappled the Japanese Cambridge don to the ground. He along with Youg Wan was arrested and taken to a special prison; it was on a little island off the coast of Cuba where he could be detained without legal representation until he confessed to his gross acts of terrorism. He was after all supplying photographic data of strategic monuments.
    The next day Ricky Bob began to realise the full implications of his own actions.
    The rat he had killed when throwing the camera at the immersion heater happened to be the presidents pet hampster. Now the president couldn't make any decisions without deriving comfort and assurance from petting the rodent. He would pet him for hours, much like a baby's comfort and without his comfort he felt lost and irritated.: And it transpired he treated his death as an act of war by all Asian Countries against his ideals and thus the third war war had begun.
    Ricky Bob was fired when it was revealed during the Rodents inquest that the state had paid over a quarter of a million dollars for the monument which, still no one but it's creator knew what it represented. A Ms Honeysuckle Leech, who as it transpired was the Presidents wife's mothers sisters, sister and an avid part-time sculptress. It caused an even bigger scandal than the war.
    However after all these shinagins Ricky Bob took a shine to burbon: Hazed, dazed and confused he planned revenge on the cause of his misfortunes.
    Timothy, wee little Timothy, he sought him here, he sought him there, he sought him every where and in the end he found him in the telephone directory.

Have to run.

Advertisement