Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haunted house in galway

Options
  • 07-01-2011 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

I have just heard a story about a haunted house in Galway on the main road out by Salthill, just past the diving board, out past ocean towers and the other big apartment complex. Its a big detached house on the main road. Anyone hear about this being haunted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

what was the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

the people moved out of the house after having just moved into it. anyone who goes into the house to work in there leave within half hour and will not return. The neighbours seem to know about the house being not exactly kosher. Purposely look at the house when passing and it is always in darkness as no-one will live there. Its right on the main road - a very big modern, upmarket house. Just wondering are people just blabbing on about it because it is empty or is it a known fact that it is in fact haunted. supposedly built on a fairy fort. :D funny but true. (thats the story anyway). I am the biggest cynic and don't believe a word of it, but its fun reading this thread. A lot better than some of the others on boards.ie

just wondering if anyone else heard about it.

ah, so there's no specific story? I suspect it's probably another case of 'Looks Haunted, Must Be Haunted'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Well there's a very simple way to find out if people are just blabbing on; investigate. The simplist thing is the go to the council and see if anyone has actually lived in there and if so if they really moved in and then back out so quickly.

I know there was once a supposedly haunted house in Salthill, where the now Galway Bay Hotel is. It was this large stone house that stood right beside Leisureland.

Actually I would be interested in visiting such haunted houses sometime.

• Advertisement

I know there was once a supposedly haunted house in Salthill, where the now Galway Bay Hotel is. It was this large stone house that stood right beside Leisureland.

Actually I would be interested in visiting such haunted houses sometime.

And has there ever been anything reported from that hotel?

GodlessM wrote: »
    And has there ever been anything reported from that hotel?

Nothing that I've ever heard, but I've never asked either.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

I could be wrong but I always thought the haunted house was the one that the kids train circled in Leisureland. There used to be an old derelect house right on the grounds. I remember staring at it as a child, and there being a trap door on the ground a few metres in front of it.

There was also a house on the site of the GBH, but in my memory that was just a four-stone-wall shell. The one in Leisurland grounds still had windows (boarded up) and a roof.

The B&B across from the huntsman was also supposed to be haunted, back in the day. I was in it when it was being renovated about 15 - 20 years ago and don't remember seeing anything strange.

Would love to know which house past Blackrock OP is talking about. Is it down in Gentian Hill? Google map it for us if anyone knows. Actually google map any haunted houses people know about in Galway so investgations can occur sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

I know the one you are talking about. My granny lives right beside it. Sure she thinks her house is haunted too, because of it.
    Fair enough there are a few draughts and a few bumps in the night, but nothing supernatural.

to be honest, I don't care if it is haunted or not, (for the poster that says, looks haunted, must be haunted). i don't actually believe in "haunted houses" myself. the house in question is on the main road out past the diving board on the right hand side (it is not a council house) It is a massive big house, the first one in a row of massive big houses on that main road. It is situated right beside that big apartment estate called dun na carraig.

Some people I have spoken to know about it, while some others haven't a clue. Of course it could be just a "recession" type haunted house. :D

Yes, the house in college road was a well known haunted house - it is now a bed and breakfast, looks lovely and has no recordings of anything going on in it.

• Advertisement

dolphin city, is the house in question the one in the centre of the image below with the car parked outside?

Galway.jpg

no, the house is not occupied and I am not really familiar with the road and certainly not an ariel vision of the road - what is that car park from. I cannot tell if you are on the right road.

to be honest, I don't care if it is haunted or not, (for the poster that says, looks haunted, must be haunted). i don't actually believe in "haunted houses" myself. the house in question is on the main road out past the diving board on the right hand side (it is not a council house) It is a massive big house, the first one in a row of massive big houses on that main road. It is situated right beside that big apartment estate called dun na carraig.

Some people I have spoken to know about it, while some others haven't a clue. Of course it could be just a "recession" type haunted house. :D

Yes, the house in college road was a well known haunted house - it is now a bed and breakfast, looks lovely and has no recordings of anything going on in it.

i dont get it - you dont care if its haunted or not, yet you are wondering if anyone has heard if its haunted or not.

no, the house is not occupied and I am not really familiar with the road and certainly not an ariel vision of the road - what is that car park from. I cannot tell if you are on the right road.

That group of buildings in the top of the picture is the Dun na Carraige apartment complex you mentioned; the road running the bottom of the picture is the only main road passing it.

That group of buildings in the top of the picture is the Dun na Carraige apartment complex you mentioned; the road running the bottom of the picture is the only main road passing it.

okay this is where it is - you go out to ocean towers roundabout right by the diving board - go past that on the main road - you come to very large six or seven storey apartment complex - then there is a row of houses and then there is the golf course - its the first house on this row. I can't make it any easier than that.

okay this is where it is - you go out to ocean towers roundabout right by the diving board - go past that on the main road - you come to very large six or seven storey apartment complex - then there is a row of houses and then there is the golf course - its the first house on this row. I can't make it any easier than that.

Well that little patch of grass in the top left of the picture is the eastern edge of the golf course and there's another golf course or another part of the same one in the bottom left, so I've got the right road according to your directions (and on Google Earth is I head East a ways I find Ocean Towers), guess I just have the wrong house. However the first house while driving due West looks significantly larger than the other 6. Is it at the corner of a T-junction?

Well that little patch of grass in the top left of the picture is the eastern edge of the golf course and there's another golf course or another part of the same one in the bottom left, so I've got the right road according to your directions (and on Google Earth is I head East a ways I find Ocean Towers), guess I just have the wrong house. However the first house while driving due West looks significantly larger than the other 6. Is it at the corner of a T-junction?

no,its on the main road right next to the very large apartment complex

I give up then, as I see the golf course, Dun na Carraige, and Ocean Towers all clearly on the map along the main road, and the stretch of houses that are next to the apartments have the house from the image at one end, and the house on the T-junction at the other end. Are you sure it's a main road?

very strange - i was out walking yesterday afternoon and passed this house - there are some kind of railings at the large window on the ground floor, but the creepy thing is that the railings were on the inside of the window. gave me the shivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

very strange - i was out walking yesterday afternoon and passed this house - there are some kind of railings at the large window on the ground floor, but the creepy thing is that the railings were on the inside of the window. gave me the shivers.

Noticed those myself, thought at first that they might be part of the window design but they are off center. The same light seems to be on in the evenings. Would love to hear more about this place.

• Advertisement

me too, its a lovely house. I wonder is it true?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 adam binder

i use to live in galway in doughiska merlin lane 14 if eny one looking for a house do not go to merlin lane number14
    when we moved in the house it was beutyfull my wife said she wonts that house but before we saw that house and when a larnlord wonted to show us the house he put the key into the door and the key broked my wife said thats weird but she didnt care when she say the house she looked at me and said i wont it i just wont it we move in there that was at 2011 when we move there the first few days it was normal quiet and the larnlord said the house is brand new we belived him his name was tom deklan but when my wife start cleaning at the house she found toy balls onder the bed we had 3 children 1 teenager and two girls childrens my doughter cam down with a cry and she tells us theres a woman upstairs walking on the hall we tought maybe someone came into the house we ran up stairs but there was no sign of eny one ok next morning i got up and went fishing at about 11:45 12:00 in the night my wife was sitting wither best freand and they herd someone banging in the big window at the back she thought its me when she opend the door there was no body she thought someone is making fun of her ok i cam back and when we were going sleep we herd
    children cry like unnder the floor or something like that ok next night we were going to sleep and is that posible to have the sam nightmare i woke up in the night and my wife and i told her my dream and she just staired at me i asked what happend she said i had the same dream as you we saw a child going in our bedroom he his head was so big and i cant even describe it even the larnlord wasent coming to the house 3 years he wasnt coming to the house and he gave me 3 , 000 euro i was like for what he was like for being such a good tenend i told my wife about that we couldent belive ok at are 3 month at the house i was up late at the komputer my wife waked up and said to me why are you shouting so loud i said i wasnt shouting why beacouse i herd you shouting And talking all languages that are on the earth i was like thats weird ))) at the next day my younger doughter had her 5 th birthday i bought her a puppy at the night she was sleeping and the puppy start barking every were like if someone cam in the bedroom we left him in the cage outside in the morning she opend the cage and she says daddy i thing something happend to lucy i came up and look she died i tought maybe she was to small to take her away so we trow her away and we called the larnlord and say why is he never coming to the house he comes to the house sits down and says do you really wont to know why im not coming to this house and i said yes he says this house is hounted there was a family 5years ago in this house the housband went to hos worrk and someone came into the house and killed his wife and one chil 9 year old girl when we herd about it we told him were moving out he said who will take this house were the longest in the house when people are coming in the house there runing away after an hour and theres a forest beside the house its also hounted mariage was killed over there.DID ENY ONE HEAR ABOUT THAT HOUSE IM 39YEARS OLD AND I WAS SCARED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM IN THE HOUSE

thanks i herd about that house i herd they were doing black magic over there all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Did you type that out on a Ouija board?

There was no woman & nine year old girl murdered anywhere in Galway over the past 40 years!

dilallio wrote: »
    Did you type that out on a Ouija board?

There was no woman & nine year old girl murdered anywhere in Galway over the past 40 years!

no but the larn lord told us

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Alqua

My question - was the puppy's cage in the house or outside? Hard to tell from your post. If outside the puppy probably died from the cold! Case of cruelty to leave it outside overnight if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

adam binder, I don't know if you're serious or not but there was no such murder in Galway.

Advertisement