Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to Niederau? How does it compare to Soll or Zell am See?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭

Trying to organise a trip for four of us next month, two complete beginners and two who are just at intermediate level. The best package I see going is to Niederau in Austria - has anyone been? What is it like? Good apres-ski?

Other options are a package to Soll or a do-it-yourself to Zell am See (where I went a few years ago but was based way out of town which spoiled the experience a bit) - which do you think is better than the other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

haven't been but get the impression it's small and low, if you are thinking of going there, no harm to check it your lift pass covers other resorts within a bus ride away. If you have skied a few days already, you may find it a bit small

Soll is bigger and the night-life is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I've been to Niederau but not the other resorts. The Apres ski was awful when I was there (about 3 years ago) a couple of bars and one of them closes early enough. I still had fun but I wouldn't go back

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Stuart74

I was in Niederau last March. I would say that for a complete beginner the resort is ok. It will let you get comfortable skiing before progressing to other resorts. From memory there are a few other resorts a short bus ride away that are covered in the Niederrau list pass (open to correction) that are a bit more advanced.

Apres Ski is pretty quiet.

Stuart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Went there One year when the snow everywhere was really really bad. Really enjoyed the après ski. Because it is a small place it is very focussed on one or 2 spots so there is a great atmosphere

Advertisement