Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian and Australian Working Visa's

Options
  • 07-01-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi

Myself and two friends are looking to take a working summer in either Canada or Australia. The problem is we all intend to spend a year after college working in one of the countries and we've been told by a number of people that, in the case of Australia, you can only apply for one working visa. It seems crazy then to waste this on two months during the summer. Just wondering if anyone knew if this information was correct and what the situation is Canadian Working Visa's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Hi

Myself and two friends are looking to take a working summer in either Canada or Australia. The problem is we all intend to spend a year after college working in one of the countries and we've been told by a number of people that, in the case of Australia, you can only apply for one working visa. It seems crazy then to waste this on two months during the summer. Just wondering if anyone knew if this information was correct and what the situation is Canadian Working Visa's.

Well as far as i know you can get a student work visa for canada which is different to the U35 visa, so if your going just for a few months student visa would be the visa to go for,

With australia i don't think there is such a thing as a student visa, all thats available is a working holiday visa which is valid for 12/24 months which will be a waste if your only going for a few months.

And yes a person can only get 1 working holiday visa in there life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

gustafo wrote: »
    Well as far as i know you can get a student work visa for canada which is different to the U35 visa, so if your going just for a few months student visa would be the visa to go for,

With australia i don't think there is such a thing as a student visa, all thats available is a working holiday visa which is valid for 12/24 months which will be a waste if your only going for a few months.

And yes a person can only get 1 working holiday visa in there life.

Incorrect. Under the new Canadian visa changes you can now apply twice for the working visa meaning you can spend two seperate or consecutive years there with a working holiday visa. Also they have combined the U35 and Student visas into one general visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Shine7 wrote: »
    Incorrect. Under the new Canadian visa changes you can now apply twice for the working visa meaning you can spend two seperate or consecutive years there with a working holiday visa. Also they have combined the U35 and Student visas into one general visa.

oh ok i have never heard of that.

Advertisement