Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"The List" - Read first post.

• 07-01-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Ok, I don’t know why I’m crazy enough to do this but going to start a Becca style list so that we can have a better idea of where people are at in the whole process. So it’s up to you folks to send me the information (I’m not going to spend hours going through all the posts to find it!!!).

On that note, please send me a private message with the following information. Don’t post it all on this thread as it only makes the thread very long winded! Then I will post up the list after the weekend and will update when I can too. If you want to be on the list please send the following information. To make it easier for me, I would be grateful if you would send your info back in the same order as numbered here, if you’re not happy giving a bit of info then leave it blank.

1 Boards.ie username
    2 Campaign entered from (if more than one feel free to send me both your sets of statistics
    3 Month vetting sent off, if at all
    4 Status of vetting if known
    5 Status of medical if you had one
    6 Approx merit number
    7 Letter received recently –ie. “Progressing” or “wait till march”
    8 RC / Non-RC
    9 North of boarder / South of boarder

If anything changes then over time, just drop me a PM and I will update when I can!

Fefe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dietcoke1

fefe5 wrote: »
    Ok, I don’t know why I’m crazy enough to do this but going to start a Becca style list so that we can have a better idea of where people are at in the whole process. So it’s up to you folks to send me the information (I’m not going to spend hours going through all the posts to find it!!!).

On that note, please send me a private message with the following information. Don’t post it all on this thread as it only makes the thread very long winded! Then I will post up the list after the weekend and will update when I can too. If you want to be on the list please send the following information. To make it easier for me, I would be grateful if you would send your info back in the same order as numbered here, if you’re not happy giving a bit of info then leave it blank.

1 Boards.ie username
    2 Campaign entered from (if more than one feel free to send me both your sets of statistics
    3 Month vetting sent off, if at all
    4 Status of vetting if known
    5 Status of medical if you had one
    6 Approx merit number
    7 Letter received recently –ie. “Progressing” or “wait till march”
    8 RC / Non-RC
    9 North of boarder / South of boarder

If anything changes then over time, just drop me a PM and I will update when I can!

Fefe

I wonder will any one be stupid enough to send all that information on the internet??????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

Well most people have shared it all already but over different areas. I am just bringing it all together!

Plus like I say, you don't have to share it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Don't see why it would be stupid, unless you were to give exact merit place or a name that is too obvious.
    Anyhow, if we make it in we'll wear a uniform and a little name badge and drive in and out of police stations regularly.
    In my opinion, it is best to assume everyone knows who/what you are and keep good personal security, visibly check under car etc, that way they won't waste time/effort/expense putting a bobby trap bomb under it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 harrijack

Sent mine to you earlier fefe, look forward to seeing the list, you must have a lot of patience to put that together, I'm sure it will be appreciated by everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dietcoke1

wanadrum wrote: »
    In my opinion, it is best to assume everyone knows who/what you are and keep good personal security, visibly check under car etc, that way they won't waste time/effort/expense putting a bobby trap bomb under it.....

Yes good personal security is a must but don't think for one min they will not try other means!

And be very careful what you post on this site, I will say no more:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Dietcoke1 wrote: »
    Yes good personal security is a must but don't think for one min they will not try other means!

And be very careful what you post on this site, I will say no more:cool:

You are correct Dietcoke in that folks here need to always be mindful of what they post here , it's something myself and psni remind people of from time to time.
    Having said that the information fefe is talking about is pretty safe provided no add-on's such as area , occupation , car details , etc happen ( someone once did post their car details :eek: - got deleted within 10 seconds of it appearing ! ).

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

wanadrum wrote: »
    Don't see why it would be stupid, unless you were to give exact merit place or a name that is too obvious.
    Anyhow, if we make it in we'll wear a uniform and a little name badge and drive in and out of police stations regularly.

That's being pretty relaxed about it I must say. We're strongly encouraged to keep what we do a closely guarded secret - there are people very high in the organisation who have never told their own children the truth about what they do. In most areas you aren't required to wear a nam badge if you don't want to, and they teach you various ways of avoiding detection based on the vehicle you drive. Don't tell people and don't give big chunks of information over the Internet as, in the worst case scenario, you could be unwittingly be giving someone the very piece of the puzzle they need. Speech over :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Most people here will recall the crash on the Mull of Kintyre of the RAF Chinook in which a number of Army , MI5 and RUC Officers were killed.

The most senior RUC Officer who died that day was the Assistant Chief Constable with oversight of Special Branch / Intelligence Operations - his closest friends later told journalists they thought he was a Civil Servant !
    He told nobody what he did ( must have been a strain on him and others like him ).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Might look better if you create a table like this example:

The List|User1|User2|User3|
    Campaign|C16|C15|C16|
    RC/NRC|RC|NRC|RC|
    Merit|400-500|300-400|100-200|

Here's the code:

Campaign|C16|C15|C16|
    RC/NRC|RC|NRC|RC|
    Merit|400-500|300-400|100-200|[/ table]

Just remove the space between the / and word "table" on the last line and it looks like the chart above.

Just a suggestion...

psni wrote: »
    Just remove the space between the / and word "table" on the last line and it looks like the chart above.

Just a suggestion...

Sweet, thanks PSNI!!! Was trying to get it to work yesterday and couldn't as I have not done the tables on this before. Your experience pays off again. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭johnnyf1

Nice one fefe. Was only joking when I suggested you start the list again.

Info enroute.

(up to date as of 12midday on 09/01/2011)

Ok folks, first list is below! As people sent me the info rather than me having to go through all the posts, it actually didn’t take too long.

It’s in alphabetical order and in this format:
    Name / Campaign / Merit / Religion / Vetting / Medical / Type of Letter / North or South

Ant08 / C16 / Merit:Unknown / RC / Vet:July&Unknown / Med: Pass / Progressing / NI
    Fefe5 / C16 / Merit:<75 / RC / Vet:June&Ongoing / Med: Pass / Progressing / NI
    Gawa / C15 / Merit:10-50 / NRC / Vet:July09&Pass Nov10 / Medical: Pass / ? / ?
    Gee-22 / C16 / Merit:280-300 / NRC / Vet:Nov&Ongoing / Med: Pass / Progressing / NI
    Greasy / C16 / Merit:160-180 / NRC / Vet:July&Pass / Med: Pass / ? / NI
    Harrijack / C16 / Merit:100-120 / NRC / Vet:July&Pass / Med: Pass / Progressing / NI
    Johnnyf1 / C16 / Merit:650-700 / RC / Vet:Sept&Ongoing / Med: PCA Result Pending / Progressing / NI
    MissGee / C16 / Merit: 335-355 / NRC / Vet:None / Med:None / Wait to March / NI
    Numpty80 / C16 / Merit: 500-520 / RC / Vet:July&Ongoing / Med: Pass / Progressing / NI
    Sir Harry / C16 / Merit:900’s / RC / Vet:June&Passd / Med: Pass / Wait to March / NI
    Wanadrum / C16 / Merit:430–450 / NRC / Vet:None / Med:None / Wait to March / NI

Sorry if I left something out or mistyped it, just PM me and I shall fix it. If you want any information changed at some point such as you pass vetting, or if people want added, just send me a PM and I will update it every-so-often.

Fefe

Hi notbrazil - please note that I said assume everyone knows, not tell everyone.

Campaign|C16|C15|C16|
    RC/NRC|RC|NRC|RC
    Merit|400-500|300-400|100-200|

The List|Campaign|Vetting Sent|Vetting Status|Medical Status|Approx Merit no|Letter Received|RC/NRC|North/South|
    Ant08|C16|July|Unknown|Passed|Unknown|Progressing|NI|
    Fefe5|Unknown|June|Ongoing|Pass|<75|Progressing|RC|NI|
    Gawa|C15|July09|Pass Nov10|Pass|10-50|n/a|/n/a|n/a|
    Gee-22|C16|Nov|Ongoing|Pass|280-300|Progressing|n/a|NI|
    Greasy|C16|July|Pass|Pass|160-180|n/a|n/a|NI|
    Harrijack|C16|July|Pass|Pass|100-120|Progressing|n/a|NI|
    Johnnyf1|C16|Sept|Ongoing|PCA|600-700|Progressing|R/C|NI|
    MissGee|C16|None|n/a|None|355-355|Qait to March|n/a|NI|
    Nat|C16|Can't remember|Ongoing|Pass|850-900|Progressing|n/a|NI|
    Numpty|C16|July|Ongoing|Pass|500-520|Progressing|R/C|NI|
    Sir Harry|C16|June|Pass|Pass|900+|Wait to March|n/a|NI|
    Wanadrum|C16|None|n/a|n/None|430-450|Wait to March|NRC|NI|

Ta for that Johnny - will give it another go when I get a few more peoples vital stats!

The List| Campaign | Approx Merit No. | RC/NRC | Vetting Sent | Vetting Status | Medical Status | Letter Received | North/South |
    Ant08|C16|Unknown|RC|July|Unknown|Pass|Progressing|NI|
    Fefe5|C16|<75|RC|June|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|
    FootyFan24|C16|155-175|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|
    Gawa|C15|10-50|NRC|July09|Pass Nov10|Pass|n/a|?|
    Gee-22|C16|280-300|NRC|Nov|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|
    Greasy|C16|160-180|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|?|NI|
    Harrijack|C16|100-120|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|
    Johnnyf1|C16|600-700|RC|Sept|Ongoing|PCA|Progressing|NI|
    Luckyb123|C16|Unknown|RC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|
    Marymulr|C16|700-800|?|July|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|ROI
    MissGee|C16|335-355|NRC|None|n/a|None|Wait to March|NI|
    Nat|C16|850-900|?|Unknown|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|
    Numpty|C16|500-520|RC|July|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|
    Sir Harry|C16|900+|NRC|June|Pass|Pass|Wait to March|NI|
    Wanadrum|C16|430-450|NRC|None|n/a|None|Wait to March|NI|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Looking the part now.

Hey fefe. You need to add Nat. She PM me earlier and I put it in the table above. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ant08

wooohooo im top of the list if only the psni went by alphabetical order aswell....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That is an incredibly impressive list - don't like being at the bottom of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bigjimmy

It would be interesting to know what is the recent merit numbers for NRC and RC passing vetting and being offered a place of recent. Think it depends on the vetting to be honest regardless of merit placing...

Few more additions. Will also update if I see anyone listed is lucky enough to get THE CALL!

The List| Campaign | Approx Merit No. | RC/NRC | Vetting Sent | Vetting Status | Medical Status | Letter Received | North/South | Intake |
    Ant08|C16|Unknown|RC|July|Unknown|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Fefe5|C16|<75|RC|June|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    FootyFan24|C16|155-175|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Gawa|C15|10-50|NRC|July09|Pass Nov10|Pass|n/a|?|-|
    Gee-22|C16|280-300|NRC|Nov|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Greasy|C16|160-180|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|?|NI|-|
    Harrijack|C16|100-120|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Johnnyf1|C16|600-700|RC|Sept|Ongoing|PCA|Progressing|NI|-|
    Luckyb123|C16|Unknown|RC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Marymulr|C16|700-800|?|July|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|ROI|-|
    MissGee|C16|335-355|NRC|None|n/a|None|Wait to March|NI|-|
    Nat|C16|850-900|?|Unknown|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Numpty|C16|500-520|RC|July|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Shampon|C16|90-120|RC|July|Ongoing|Pass|?|ROI|-|
    Sir Harry|C16|900+|NRC|June|Pass|Pass|Wait to March|NI|-|
    Wannabecop|C16|1300+|RC|June|Pass Nov|Pass|Wait to March|?|-|
    Wanadrum|C16|430-450|NRC|None|n/a|None|Wait to March|NI|-|

Up to date as of 1620 on 11/01/2011

The List| Campaign | Approx Merit No. | RC/NRC | Vetting Sent | Vetting Status | Medical Status | Letter Received | North/South | Intake |
    FootyFan24|C16|155-175|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Feb11|
    Gawa|C15|10-50|NRC|July09|Pass Nov10|Pass|n/a|?|Feb11|
    Greasy|C16|160-180|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|?|NI|-|
    Harrijack|C16|100-120|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Feb11|
    ItShouldBeMe|C16|160-180|NRC|July|Pass today|Pass|Progressing|NI|Feb11|
    Johnnyf1|C16|600-700|RC|Sept|Ongoing|PCA|Progressing|NI|-|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 nat_

just a big thanks to the guys who've been working so hard o The List.. hopefully well all meet in the 'Hotel G' soon ;)

Greasy|C16|160-180|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Feb11|
    ItShouldBeMe|C16|160-180|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Feb11|
    Johnnyf1|C16|600-700|RC|Sept|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Rookie_boarder|C15|150-160|RC|Aug09|Ongoing|Pass|n/a|NI|-|
    Rookie_boarder|C16|20-40|RC|Aug10|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    SJAG|C16|240-260|NRC|August|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 murray1987

Seems from your list that they are working through the NRC's first or do they just phone a mixture?

Well spotted but who knows with this process!!
    murray1987 wrote: »
    Seems from your list that they are working through the NRC's first or do they just phone a mixture?

murray1987 wrote: »

Well this is true but if you look at it. All the RC's are still waiting for vetting to clear apart from one, but they received a 'wait to march' letter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 murray1987

fefe5 wrote: »
    Well this is true but if you look at it. All the RC's are still waiting for vetting to clear apart from one, but they received a 'wait to march' letter.

Yea thers that too,gods knows whats going to happen wel just have to wait an see..

Sir Harry|C16|900+|RC|June|Pass|Pass|Wait to March|NI|-|
    Wannabeapeeler|C16|630-670|RC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Feb11|

So we have 23 people on the list which is a good effort! I know from reading the boards that there are still loads more out there though. The more on the list, the better a picture we have of the whole process and where people stand etc. Feel free to PM me if you want added - it does not have to be all your stastistics, just what you are comfortable with!

Lucky23|C16|200-220|NRC|July|Ongoing|Pass|progressing|NI|-|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 luckyb123

Anyone any thoughts on when the calls for March will go out?

luckyb123 wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on when the calls for March will go out?

When I was talking to fefe yesterday he thought about the 14 Feb, which seems about right.

Will the recruitment Cupid strike?

So we have 27 people on the list which is a good effort! I know from reading the boards that there are still loads more out there though. The more on the list, the better a picture we have of the whole process and where people stand etc. Feel free to PM me if you want added - it does not have to be all your stastistics, just what you are comfortable with!

2point4kids|C16|150-170|NRC|June|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    King_eric|C16|360-380|NRC|None|n/a|None|Wait to March|NI|-|
    Mal4893|C16|300-330|NRC|November|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Newboarder|C16|500-600|RC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Feb11|

• Advertisement

So we have 31 people on the list which is a good effort! I know from reading the boards that there are still loads more out there though. The more on the list, the better a picture we have of the whole process and where people stand etc. Feel free to PM me if you want added - it does not have to be all your stastistics, just what you are comfortable with!

The List
    |
    Campaign
    |
    Approx Merit No.
    |
    RC/NRC
    |
    Vetting Sent
    |
    Vetting Status
    |
    Medical Status
    |
    Letter Received
    |
    North/South
    |
    Intake
    |
    1967J|C16|230-250|NRC|NOV|Ongoing|Awaiting PCA|Progressing|NI|-|
    Anay75|C16|170-190|NRC|Oct|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Gigity gigity|C16|850-900|RC|Aug|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|?|-|
    Hopefull1|C16|900+|RC|?|Pass|Pass|Wait to March|?|-|
    Wannabecop|C16|1300+|RC|June|Pass Nov|Pass|Wait to March|NI|-|
    The List
    |
    Campaign
    |
    Approx Merit No.
    |
    RC/NRC
    |
    Vetting Sent
    |
    Vetting Status
    |
    Medical Status
    |
    Letter Received
    |
    North/South
    |
    Intake
    |

Fefe- are you not putting AC scores up on the aul list?

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Fefe- are you not putting AC scores up on the aul list?

Had not even considered it if truth be told - can't even remember my own.

I'll tell you what though, if more than 10 of the 31 people currently on the list PM me their AC score then I will add it to the table. Any less than that and I wont bother as there is simply no point... So its up to all you folks if you want it on the table, let me know your score.

So far just two people have come back to me with both their IST score and AC score - not sure if I will include the IST scores as it just makes it tha bit easier for people to be identified along with the other information.... If people do want it up I will do so though...

Still need a good few more scores before I am going to add even AC scores to the list though!:cool:

We are now up to 33 on the list...The more on the list, the better a picture we have of the whole process and where people stand etc. Feel free to PM me if you want added - it does not have to be all your stastistics, just what you are comfortable with!

I have only had 4 people send me AC scores so far, so at the moment its not looking likely that I'll be adding these.

The List|Campaign|Approx Merit No.|RC/NRC|Vetting Sent|Vetting Status|Medical Status|Letter Received|North/South|Intake|
    1967J|C16|230-250|NRC|NOV|Ongoing|Awaiting PCA|Progressing|NI|-|
    Anay75|C16|170-190|NRC|Oct|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Djofficer|C16|110-130|?|July|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    Jacksos|C16|180-200|?|?|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    The List|Campaign|Approx Merit No.|RC/NRC|Vetting Sent|Vetting Status|Medical Status|Letter Received|North/South|Intake|

• Advertisement

Time for an update FEFE......no slacking off just because you got the call!:D

Ok folks, wee update of the table below. Had to sift through the March thread to try and get the info to update it so will almost certainly have skimmed over info - just send me a PM if that is the case and I will update it for you.

Actually didnt think this many boardies had got the call this time round until I was updating the table... not a bad effort, but think we need a few more to join us, so come on recruitment ;)

Fefe

1967J|C16|230-250|NRC|NOV|Pass|Awaiting PCA|Progressing|NI|-|
    Anay75|C16|170-190|NRC|Oct|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Mar11|
    Djofficer|C16|110-130|?|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Mar11|
    Fefe5|C16|<75|RC|June|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Mar11|
    Gee-22|C16|280-300|NRC|Nov|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|-|
    HeffoMike54|C16|80-100|?|July|Ongoing|?|Progressing|ROI|-|
    Jacksos|C16|180-200|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Mar11|
    Lucky23|C16|200-220|NRC|July|Pass|Pass|progressing|NI|Mar11|
    Luckyb123|C16|Unknown|RC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|NI|Mar11|
    Numpty80|C16|500-520|RC|July|Ongoing|Pass|Progressing|NI|Mar11|
    Shampon|C16|90-120|RC|July|Pass|Pass|Progressing|ROI|Mar11|

Advertisement