Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simmons & Zelazny

Options
  • 07-01-2011 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I'm a very big fan of those 2 authors, both for their writing and imagination.

Dan Simmon - Hyperion series & Endymion and the Rise of Endymion, 4 books.
    Roger Zelazny - Amber chronicles, 10 books
    and short stories.

I haven't read the Dawn of Amber by Betancourt yet, anyone has any feedback?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hobite

Davoe wrote: »
    I'm a very big fan of those 2 authors, both for their writing and imagination.

Dan Simmon - Hyperion series & Endymion and the Rise of Endymion, 4 books.
    Roger Zelazny - Amber chronicles, 10 books
    and short stories.

I haven't read the Dawn of Amber by Betancourt yet, anyone has any feedback?
    Hi, Davoe,

Couple weeks ago I bougt Roger Zelazny "Amber Chronicles". Will try to read in english (I am not native english speaking). I was reading them very long time in lithuanian. I really enjoyed.

But I havent read anythig of Dan Simmon.

I've only read 'Lord of Light' by Zelazny, thought it was pretty good and well worth a read if you haven't read it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Davoe

Hobite wrote: »
    Hi, Davoe,

Couple weeks ago I bougt Roger Zelazny "Amber Chronicles". Will try to read in english (I am not native english speaking). I was reading them very long time in lithuanian. I really enjoyed.

But I havent read anythig of Dan Simmon.

The writing styles of these 2 authors is fantastic, pretty similar in the way they describe characters and environments. I always try to read books in the original language, I always feel like they lose their quality when translated.
    I've only read 'Lord of Light' by Zelazny, thought it was pretty good and well worth a read if you haven't read it already.

I've picked the book up a couple years ago but I was studying a lot back then (still am >< ) so I never got to finish it!

The writing styles of these 2 authors is fantastic, pretty similar in the way they describe characters and environments. I always try to read books in the original language, I always feel like they lose their quality when translated.
    I agree, the original language is always better. But, for example, there are books in english, witch I really would like to read (like Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire and etc.), but my english is not good enough rithy now. Thats why reading much more simplier book right now.

Will you finish to read "Lord of Light" in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Davoe

Hobite wrote: »
    I agree, the original language is always better. But, for example, there are books in english, witch I really would like to read (like Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire and etc.), but my english is not good enough rithy now. Thats why reading much more simplier book right now.

Will you finish to read "Lord of Light" in the future?

I will! ... once I'm done with the Terry Pratchett Diskworld... something like 20 more books to read!

• Advertisement

I will! ... once I'm done with the Terry Pratchett Diskworld... something like 20 more books to read!
    Thats a lot :) It is nice to have a plan what books you are going to read.

Advertisement