Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not being paid on time at all.

Options
  • 07-01-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I work for a company that I have contacted NERA about, and I'm awaiting response.

My problem now is, while my boss has gotten her act together with some stuff, she STILL hasn't given me a payslip since I started. Aside from that, she has never once paid my wages on time. I was due to be paid today and lo and behold, nothing is in my account. The last time this happened, the money was promised every day for nearly a week before it finally went through. I'm running into arrears on my bills because I'm never paid when I should be.

Today, I have nothing in my account and bills due to be paid today. I still haven't received a contract from the owner, but she agreed that I'd be paid every 2nd and 4th Friday in the month. None of the other staff have been paid today either and we're all being treated like this.

Is there any legal obligation for her to pay me today, as verbally promised when I started this job? I literally have nothing in my account and bills need to be paid otherwise I'll incur charges for not paying on time.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement