Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire HD Ring Tone Volume

Options
  • 07-01-2011 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does anyone find the ring tone volume a little low on the HD, i have missed calls because i cant hear it ring in a environment that isn't very noisy, didn't have any problems on old phone hearing it ring.

I have it set to standard ringtone 2 maximum volume and pocket mode on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

No 7 wrote: »
    Does anyone find the ring tone volume a little low on the HD, i have missed calls because i cant hear it ring in a environment that isn't very noisy, didn't have any problems on old phone hearing it ring.

I have it set to standard ringtone 2 maximum volume and pocket mode on?

have it on the max setting myself and it seems fine here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Ya mine is a bit low as well, as is the sound of the phone. It is duw to the speaker being located on the back mainly I imagine.

My old phone would make me jump when it rang, this is OK for the most time. I don't understand why they made the volume higher if it is in your pocket though, they could have just let us raise it that bit higher if needed. My one flaw with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Have you tried setting a different ringtone to one that's maybe a bit more 'lively'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Yes, far too low for me too. Also, the sound quality of calls is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have a look at this
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=851412

Its to get dsp manager to work on sense roms. Far as i know phone must be rooted and using a custom sense rom first.

I have this on mine and not only can you increase the volume for ring tones but also for the phone speaker for music and during calls.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I find the same thing OP. Also the hand free speaker is pants and the call quality isnt what I expected, which has left me a little dissappointed with what was supposed to be the ultimate phone.

DeV.

Advertisement