Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer club

Options
  • 07-01-2011 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Anyone know if there's a computer club in the Wexford town area. I seen a flyer for a Linux club but there was no answer from the number on it.
    Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭acein1

cant answer you question,but if you want to have a go at linux,just download "linux mint 9",burn it to an iso disk and boot from it , you can try it without installing.
    i did and found it so easy (but still not a bit like windows) i just went for it, ive being using it now 2 months without a hitch i still do everything i did before with"vista",there are several others also to try,but i thing you will find your way around "mint" very soon (im 71) and not the brightest spark in the fire,it just works good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭karlkavo

Thanks Acein1 I'll give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

karlkavo wrote: »
    Thanks Acein1 I'll give it a go!
    The guys in the Unix forum are fairly helpful.

Advertisement