Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No wages and lots of bank fees! Help!

Options
  • 06-01-2011 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I work in a petrol station that's owned by a well known company. Recently a new manager started working in the shop, and it seems since the person's arrival lots of things have gone wrong in the shop...including my wages!

Every Thursday the staff in the shop get their wages into their bank accounts. The first week in December I discovered I had no wages in my account even though I was due some. Upon enquiry to the manager, I was told there wasn't any reason why I shouldn't received money as my weekly hours had been processed like everybody else. I was given cash instead and sent on my way. However the issue had continued every week in Decemeber where I would go to my account to get money out and my wages wouldn't be there. So for the last three weeks in December I received cheques from head office for the due amount. I was still given no real explanation for this, only general ones like perhaps some kind of issue with the computers up there.

I went today to the bank to get a statement. On the statement I have "Umpais Fee" charges in relation to a standing order I have for a small loan and also one that I have for my savings account. For the four weeks this all added up to just over a 100euro (12.70euro for each standing order for four weeks). The standing orders were set up to come out on my "pay-day Thursday". Any of cheques I received were given to me on weekends, which means regardless of whether I lodged them or not I had still incurred the bank charges. I'm also behind in my car insurance payments also because the money was not in my account every Thursday like it was supposed to be. Also some of the cheques I received were not for the full amount of my wages, maybe twenty or thirty euro short in one or two of them.

I have reason to believe the manager was behind this issue and not head office as I was being told all along. I'm wondering has anybody had any similar issues like this one? Am I entitled to anything from my employer as theses charges are a direct result from their mistakes? A hundred euro is an awful amount to be paying for somebody else's mistakes especially when I'm on minimum wage.....Any advice on what I should do would be helpful. I know the post is long, hope people can get the gist of it!;)

Advertisement