Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camogie for Beginners in Dublin

Options
  • 06-01-2011 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey all. Does anyone know of some nice, welcoming clubs in Dublin (Phoenix Park area) where I might be able to take up camogie? I'm in my 20's and would be a complete beginner. Would be hoping to find a club with similar people starting off. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sandyfman

Yes, St. Oliver Plunketts are in the D15 area. Our club is right beside the Ashtown train station, or if you are by car it is in off the Navan Road, turn off the Navan Road at the Breffni pub, and at the Breffni turn left, then right, then take the next 2 lefts and you should arrive at the club.

See http://www.plunketts.ie for details. We train in the hall on Wednesdays at 8pm if you want to come up for a chat

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

Another option would be my club http://www.stbrigidsgaa.com/.

just across from the phoneix park train station. A strong camogie section in the club also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Urfa

Hi, Did you ever join a club??? I'm considering joining one too but from experience of playing with a club years ago I'm worried about joining one thats already formed a team and would too prefer to like to join a club that were forming a team from similar starters like myself.

Let me know how you got on, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Urfa wrote: »
    Hi, Did you ever join a club??? I'm considering joining one too but from experience of playing with a club years ago I'm worried about joining one thats already formed a team and would too prefer to like to join a club that were forming a team from similar starters like myself.

Let me know how you got on, thanks :)

You'd be very hard pushed to find a club only forming a camogie team now, especially one full of beginners. Your best bet is to join in with one of the Junior teams that play in a lower division and just train away with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scarftoon

I have just moved up to Dublin 9 area, have played camogie in the past and really want to join a club around this area. Now my own fitness level isn't what it used to be like so that's the only thing I'm a bit wary of before joining but realty want to get into it again! Anyone know any clubs in the Drumcondra/Whitehall/ blanch area that has camogie teams or is it too late joining this late on in the year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Hey,

i am the exact same. Used to play years ago, but don't think i would be very good any more. I used to play with whitehall colmcilles, i wonder if they have an adults team? Would also consider football.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scarftoon

Yes I would be very interested..maybe a junior team or something. I'm unsure if they train all year round though???

Advertisement