Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glove liners ?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Glove liners - are they worth it? I have a good pair of ski gloves, but my hands get cold on very cold days, and also the gloves sometimes get damp, which doesn't help on cold or on hotter days.

I was looking at these silk ones today at Basecamp.

http://www.jackson-sports.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7544

Anyone know do they help keep hands dry and warm, or are they just another thing I'll end up carrying around?

(9 more sleeps :D)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd have a pair of liners often on chilly days. They are also easier to dry out so you don't feel so bad putting the gloves on the next day if you forgot to leave your gloves proper out to dry after too many gluwein the day before.

You should be able to pick some up from a motorbike shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Thanks Robin, am always afraid I'm falling for unnecessary gimmicks!
    robinph wrote: »
    You should be able to pick some up from a motorbike shop.

Nice tip - would never have though of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I bought a pair of Karrimor liners in Heatons just before Christmas for €5 http://images.fieldandtrek.com/images/products/90839403_l.jpg
    They also had a key pocket in the palm so on a really cold day you could put a hand warmer sachet into them. http://www.ecarepackage.org/ecareshop/images/hand%20warmer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Yes, I wouldn't go without them! Those and the glove-cords that attach your ski gloves to your wrist. So when you're on the ski lift cleaning your goggles/blowing your nose etc! Your hands aren't freezing off and you don't drop your gloves into the abyss below.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I have 2 sets of gloves one has removable liners in them, if very warm i dispense with the liners. I often find it easier to put the liners on and then into the gloves rarther than keep the liners in the glover to put on

The other gloves are heavier but i use liners for them as well since it was very very cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭oxysept

Bought a good pair of gloves with liners a few years back - I only ever ware the liners - keeps me warm enough they dry out fast - only every ware the full gloves if the snow gets really wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

I bought a pair of Karrimor liners in Heatons just before Christmas for €5

just like the ones I got for Xmas - funny that ;) - they are nice & are comfy under ski gloves.

Advertisement