Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Seek 3

Options
  • 06-01-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm thinking of buying a Seek 3, was just looking at cycle superstore and they have a 2010 model and a 2011 model, the 2010 is a bit more expensive. Would I be right in saying the 2010 has better components than the 2011 and would it be worth paying the extra?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭woody_2000

The main difference appears to be the brakes - i.e. Giant hydraulic brakes v Tektro mechanical. If the Tektro brakes are the ones I think they are, then they may not be very good - as I had similar brakes a few years ago... It may also be a question of having a preference for one type of brake over another... Other mechanical differences appear to be in the chainset/crankset, bottom bracket, hubs, and maybe the gear shifters... I don't know exactly how the component value adds up, but the 2010 model may be worth the extra money. The frame has an interesting geometry... I have a fairly similar 2008 Giant Escape, which may be a precursor to this model ... Safe cycling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

Cheers woody, I was actualy had a test ride on a 2011 Escape too, nice bike. Think I'll head over today and check the two of them out but it think I'll end up going for the 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭woody_2000

Best of luck with your choice, dylbert. Safe cycling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

Well, I put my name on the last 2010 medium they had left, also getting this lock http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=133&idproduct=28237, just have to get a check from work, hopefully have the bike by Wednesday. Can't wait.

Advertisement