Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazing Bikers 32 County Motorbike Challenge in aid of the NCBI

Options
  • 06-01-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Billy and Katriona Shanahan and their intrepid team of “Blazing Bikers” motorbike charity run enthusiasts are taking on a 32 County Motorbike Challenge on the May Bank Holiday 2011.

Friday 29th April to Monday 2nd May 2011

The eagerly awaited announcement sees a team of men, women, bikers and pillions including a few visually impaired take on this 1,000km Challenge over 3 days.

A fundraising target of €550 pps is required which can be raised through sponsorship. Pillions €350 pps

Book early to secure your place.

Cost includes:
    - 3 Nights B&B, 2 Evening Meals & Gala Dinner on the Final Night
    - Itinerary Booklet, DVD of the Event, Certificate of Completion, Souvenir Shirt & Badge

The fee can be raised through sponsorship or personal donation.
    A deposit of €250 non refundable will secure your place.
    Deposit on or before 18th March 2011.

For more information/ Sponsorship Cards/ to book your place

www.bikerschallenge.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blazingbikers/243199936240#!/pages/Blazingbikers/243199936240

email
    blazingbikers@gmail.com
    billy05@eircom.net

or contact Billy on 087 9253225 or Katriona 087 4106861

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Katriona

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Will be going on this. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Blazing Bikers

Hi ya

We have a good lot signed up now, will no a bit more in the next two weeks as to how many are going.
    Last year we had 125 take part so we are hoping for the same number again if now a few more :D

Good to have you on board :)

Katriona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Whiteyie

Is this open to new bikers?
    What are the restrictions on licence etc.. Do I have to have a full bike licence?
    If i raise the €550 how much is the rest going to cost ie B&B dinner etc....

Really would love to go!
    Cheers William :):)

Whiteyie wrote: »
    Is this open to new bikers?
    What are the restrictions on licence etc.. Do I have to have a full bike licence?
    If i raise the €550 how much is the rest going to cost ie B&B dinner etc....

Really would love to go!
    Cheers William :):)

Hi William

This event is open to all bikers, but we ask all participants to keep in mind Irish Law.
    For some part of the trip we maybe traveling on motorways and as a provisional license holder is not permitted to travel on motorways, the only alternative would be to travel a separate route for this part of the journey which can be worked out in advance when I am doing the booklet of Maps for all participants.
    Also provisional license holders are not permitted to carry a pillion passenger.

It is also advisable that any new biker has experience and also the mileage in to do this length of a journey over 3 days as well as having experience riding in groups, for your safety and the safety of all the other participants.
    We plan to take in 1,000km over the Weekend, so if you do not have the experience it may not be advisable as you will not be very comfortable on the bike!

All the accomodation is in hotels, and we will be providing dinner, bed and breakfast, there will also be a food stop in a restaurant along the road on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. You just have to bring money for Fuel and drinks :)

If you need anymore information please let me know.

Katriona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Whiteyie

HI there.
    Thanks for the reply and infomation.
    Just thinking it may be a little to soon after getting back on the biketo venture that far alright!
    Hve been off the bike for years and only gettng back on now so will keep it in mind for next year when i have more driving back under my belt and the test done aswell!
    Ill keep an eye out for it though :)
    thanks again

• Advertisement

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that took part in the 32CC over the weekend, Myself and Dad really appreciate all the work in fundraising all the participants took on to raise the sponsorship to take part in the event. We were so lucky with the weather until the journey home, after Mullinavat we got soaked! 1521KM was clocked up on the bike over the weekend! Fairly tired yesterday!!

Still a few loose ends to tie up, but I will let everyone know soon the final amount raised after the weekend. All proceeds from the event will benefit the National Council for the Blind of Ireland.

Thanks again to everyone that took part and hopefully we will see ye all again in the future :)

Katriona

Advertisement