Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newish cyclist

Options
  • 06-01-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

ive only got back into cycling in the last yr or so. i only cycle on road bike..... for moment anyway. im on the large side at 100 kilos. i am currently trying to get into a routine of 3 spins a week of 40km each. theese are hilly, in my opinion ! but others would disagree im sure. :confused:
    just wondering what other peoples routine are ? im aiming to do a few sportives this year , and hoping to shed 20 k over the year. im intending to return to MA training again ..... after a knee injury last year stopped me for a while.

looking forward to any comments :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

a few 40km spins to start off would be grand, you will soon build up distance in the legs and start increasing. If its really tough try a little less for a week or two. Then I gues the usual advice is get up to a good level, maybe join a club/ find someone to train with etc..

Dont listen to me tho as my routine of late involves doing a whole lot of nowt for 3+months (due to injury or something...)..[actually just writing that down makes me feel shameful.. time to get out there!]

good luck so!

Advertisement