Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Griffith College Cork

Options
  • 06-01-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everyone,
    So here's the story, I want to do law and I want to go to Cork. But I won't get enough points for law in UCC so I'm thinking of goin to Griffith College (have the money too so no worries that way). But I have a few questions if anyone out there could answer them that would be great.
    1) How many people go to college their? Is it mostly older professionals furthering their education or school leavers around 18 or 19?
    2) How big are the class sizes?
    3) Are the hours bad? ie 9 to 5?
    4) Is the degree "irish law" difficult to travel with?
    5) How are the holidays compared to law courses in ucc or other colleges?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Sorry this is completely off topic but how much does it cost a year to go here until you finish your degree?. I'm guessing it's 4 years still?.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Liam.Carroll00

Sorry this is completely off topic but how much does it cost a year to go here until you finish your degree?. I'm guessing it's 4 years still?.

Nope, 3 years for law anyway.... Here's a list of prices
    http://www.gcc.ie/files/20100630100239_gccpricelistyear1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rosekerry

In your first year at Griffith you will do Tort, Company, Constitutional, Introductionto legal studies, so you will probably have 16 hours of lectures spread over 4 days but you will have to do study each day so if you are not looking to do a course that is 9-5 maybe law isn't for you. The full time classes are usually a mixture of students out of school or in their early 20s, there may be older people but it's nice to have a mixture. The lecturers are great, the classes can be small but that is only a good thing. The first set of exams are after Christmas so you may have shorter holidays, there is no time off around Halloween or Easter as far as I remember. You will have Fridays off in 1st and 2nd year and Thursdays and Fridays off in 3rd year. Any time off should be spent revising, don't fall behind in work. Irish LLB can be converted withfurther study in every Common Law country.

Advertisement