Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP themed hen night!

Options
  • 06-01-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a strange one!

I'm organising my sister's hen night. We're heading down to Kilkenny for a night at the start of March. We're not doing the whole dressing up cliche hen thing, but I do want a small theme running through it and one of her friends suggested Harry Potter (my sister is a HP geek and is even going to HP World on her honeymoon!)

Now we're not going to go all mad on the theme. We're going to be going out for dinner that night but that evening in the hotel we'll be having some champagne and a bit of fun. Has anyone any ideas for HP-themed games we could play? (Have to be very straightforward and a bit of fun...even just taking an age-old party game and re-naming it, such as "Pin the Tail on the Hippogriff" :D)

I also want to get the restaurant to make up a personalized cocktail, and I wanted a HP-related name for it. I was thinking Butterbeer, but it's not very cocktail-y.

If anyone has any ideas (not even game or cocktail related!) for this theme I'd be very grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Pumpkin juice \ Firewhiskey depending on what kind of hen party you are :P

Maybe the sorting hat decides where to go to next \ who takes the next drink etc

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hehe I like the Sorting hat idea, thanks!

Anyone got any more? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

*Cue inappropriate wand joke

Heh. Actually we're getting a wand for my sister and a cloak with her initials sewn into it :D

We want to get a pair of HP glasses for everyone, but the cheapest we've found have been about €5 each, and there are about 25 of us going, so we got in touch with some costume shops to see if they'd do a deal for us.

Still thinking of cocktail names and such. I'm going to have to dust off the books for some inspiration!

house scarves + broomstick optional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 miaowmiaow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXIgNnB_oq4

This is the perfect Potter night out anthem. :P
    As for games, I'm not sure, but get some "Bertie Botts every flavour beans" (normal jelly beans will do, I'm sure), and perhaps get some pumkin juice. :D

Don't forget to wear broken sellotaped glasses!

yeah yeah this is well over, so whatever!

Invites to a HP themed birthday party:
    http://i.imgur.com/J9d3B.jpg

Oh wow those invites are awesome!

God the hen is a distant memory at this stage! A lil update in case anyone's interested... I managed to buy 25 pairs of HP glasses on ebay for €60 including P&P. We got my sister a Griffindor cape and a pink wand. We made loads of different laminated place mats for the restaurant with her and her friend's faces superimposed into scenes from the movies.

She was so excited :D She wore the cape all night, plus the whole way home on the train the next day!

Haha excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carol111

yeah its really nice and amazing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement