Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interfirms/Nightowls in Tuam????

Options
  • 06-01-2011 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

With two astro turf surfaces now in Tuam (belclare and Tuam stars) and one in development (total fitness solutions out at old sugar factor) would anybody be interested in organising a pub league or nightowls or interfirms competions????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I'd be interested in playing but i wouldn't have the time to organise much tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd like to play just to get fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

I'd be interested in playing. Could probably get one or two more to join is as well depending on the nights that games are on. I've been looking to start playing again for ages!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

mars bar wrote: »
    I'd like to play just to get fit.

Wouldn't mind being part and parcel of something like that even if my soccer skills are buried in the 'eighties. By the way, what has happened to the Tuam Celtic ladies soccer club. It provided us with great entertainment in the past, Mars Bar.

dec25532 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind being part and parcel of something like that even if my soccer skills are buried in the 'eighties. By the way, what has happened to the Tuam Celtic ladies soccer club. It provided us with great entertainment in the past, Mars Bar.

Numbers fell and poor commitment. Some of us are playing in Corofin now. I would like to think we could get it together again sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ericsinjun

Howdo all.
    I'd be up for it, few stone over weight and fecked from fags, but it'd be a bit of craic. Who knows, could lose a few poundeens.

If you go to the Limerick City forum, you'll find their "Monday Night Football" thread and they got a really good response. I know it's the City but there should be enough interest in Tuam to do it.

I'm only able to do weekends though...

Come on peeps, anyone else around to have a kick about? Would we have enough numbers from here for a game of 6 a-side regularly?

How about we set up a facebook group and get Tuam What's - On to advertise it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tuam85

galwayspur wrote: »
    Come on peeps, anyone else around to have a kick about? Would we have enough numbers from here for a game of 6 a-side regularly?

Ha ha are people big enough to reveal their true identities ha!!! I imagine the hardest thing to organise with these things is insurance would I be right

• Advertisement

Tuam85 wrote: »
    Ha ha are people big enough to reveal their true identities ha!!! I imagine the hardest thing to organise with these things is insurance would I be right

Well if you were going to some place like the new astro turf in Total Fitness Solutions, it'd be covered in the charge.
    Same with going to the Tuam Stars astro turf (I didn't realise they had one!) or the Belclare one.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

And there are two more planned for the Palace Grounds in Tuam as long as the Town Council do not reject them like they did in the past.

How about we set up a facebook group and get Tuam What's - On to advertise it?

Sounds good to me.

Well if you were going to some place like the new astro turf in Total Fitness Solutions, it'd be covered in the charge.
    Same with going to the Tuam Stars astro turf (I didn't realise they had one!) or the Belclare one.

Yep, it should be included the cost of hire for the hour.

Sounds good to me.

Ok, well someone else will have to do it. I don't have the time and if it's on midweek, I won't be able to go so off with ye! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tuam85

I think the insurance provided only covers you for injuries and medical bills I don't believe it would compensate a person for missing work as a result of the injury

Spoke to people involved in both Belclare and Total Fitness and there's slots available on most evenings.

Me +1 could play at either pitch.

Sample slots available at the moment;

Mon 6pm & 7pm
    Tue 6pm & 9pm
    Thu 6pm & 8-9pm
    Fri 7pm & 9-10 pm
    Sat / Sun - No probs re avaliability but hard days to get a regular crowd.

Costs around €5 pp for the hour. We'd need 10 players to make it work.

Important Note - times above are a sample of whats there right now and can change at any time...

What about Mondays?

Spoke to people involved in both Belclare and Total Fitness and there's slots available on most evenings.

Me +1 could play at either pitch.

Sample slots available at the moment;

Mon 6pm & 7pm
    Tue 6pm & 9pm
    Thu 6pm & 8-9pm
    Fri 7pm & 9-10 pm
    Sat / Sun - No probs re avaliability but hard days to get a regular crowd.

Costs around €5 pp for the hour. We'd need 10 players to make it work.

Important Note - times above are a sample of whats there right now and can change at any time...

What about Mondays?

When I get my Easter break in 3 weeks, I'm well up for this. I was in touch with Total Fitness too but didn't get a timetable. It's cheaper if you block book it too or if you are a member. It's nice coz it's indoor so it's never weather depending.

Mon, Tues and Thurs will suit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hanns.s

Can us ladies play?

Mars Bar - sound thats great.

Hanns.S - the more the merrier...we need numbers.

Lads...are you out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭thehairyelbow

Wouldn't mind giving it a go, so long as there's a Croi ambulance on stand by.

hanns.s wrote: »
    Can us ladies play?

Well that makes two females so we'll be good! :)

If we're struggling for people from boards, I'd find a good few from facebook anyway...

Good stuff, any more takers on here? Hardest thing will be to decide the day that suits most people. See if we can get a few more on here over the next day or so and take it from there.

I asked one of my friends and he's up for it. I'd be able to rope in a few girls the Tuam Celtic so between a few of us, we'll get a good 6 a side going I'd say.

It'd be good to get a list going so...

Attendance (Suitable days)
    Mars Bar (Mon, Tues, Thurs)

galwayspur (Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

I asked one of my friends and he's up for it. I'd be able to rope in a few girls the Tuam Celtic so between a few of us, we'll get a good 6 a side going I'd say.

It'd be good to get a list going so...

If ye're going to play in Total Fitness Solutions..try and keep it to 5 a side, 6 a side is a bit crowded, but 5 a side is perfect.

Sorry to say I can't play myself, already in a few games a week out there so don't have the time. Good luck with it.

Jamey wrote: »
    If ye're going to play in Total Fitness Solutions..try and keep it to 5 a side, 6 a side is a bit crowded, but 5 a side is perfect.

Sorry to say I can't play myself, already in a few games a week out there so don't have the time. Good luck with it.

Well 5 a side is good, we're more likely to get 10 people than 12.

Come on folks, anyone around for a kickabout stick your name on the list and we can get something going. Once up and running and better idea of numbers we can sort out regular slots etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Count me in... but not really available till end of April. Anytime midweek around 8pm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 DecQ

Love to join ye but mightn't be able to do every week. Will keep an eye on thread. If ye were short numbers I could fill in some weeks if I haven't seized up.

Advertisement