Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulldog Pup

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Anyone have any experience with them? What are they like? Do they need a lot of upkeep? Any particular problems specific to these dogs?
    cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

'Bulldog' includes a wide variety of breeds, can you be more specific?

http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

sorry i should have been more specific, i suppose i would be looking at an english bulldog. always like them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I wouldn't imagine they would be too common (in Ireland anyway). This might be a good place to look for opinions and info though:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/forum.php

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Try contacting these people:
    http://www.chelseapride-bulldogs.com/index.html

the Bulldog club of ireland have a small show coming up this month on 29th Janary too in dublin, you should pop along and have a chat with some of the exhibitors.

Bulldog Club of Ireland

Ms. J. Collie
    Lowerrock, Thornford, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan.
    (042-9743745) Email: judithcollie@yahoo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

Iv got two American Bulldogs if you want to know more about them pm me.Iv a few mates that have british bulldogs & old English bulldogs il put you in touch with them if you want.

British bulldogs suffer from a lot of problems breathing, joints, Skin etc.

One thing to make sure of is that you get your pup from a good breeder and both parents have been hip scored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jamie5

Hi, I have been looking for a British Bulldog puppy as well. do you have a contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

jamie5 wrote: »
    Hi, I have been looking for a British Bulldog puppy as well. do you have a contact?

There is a contact in my other post above.

Thanks I tried them, they dont have any available at the moment :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭iheartthailand

Theres an english bulldog up in the DSPCA at the moment, if anyones interested in going down the rescue route!

I did have a look on their site but did'nt see one? will give them a buzz thanks for the heads up!! Was it a puppy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭iheartthailand

No she's not a puppy, she's ready for rehoming yet as she only gave birth to pups before she ended up in the dspca (think she was dumped after she had her pups :() so she wouldnt be on the site yet but i'd keep checking the site. She's an absolute sweetheart too. She was actually pictured beside an article in the metro herald last week.

Ah thats so sad, I have emailed them now...I dont live too far away so I might drop up and see them. Thanks again.

Advertisement