Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it difficult to convert LPG boiler to Natural Gas?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I had been planning to change over from LPG to natural gas in the next 6-12 months but unfortunately my LPG boiler cracked during the cold weather and is irrepairable. As I don't have the money for the natural gas connection at this moment in time, I am looking at just replacing the boiler with an A-rated LPG condensing boiler for the time being and then hopefully converting from LPG to natural gas when I have the money for the gas mains connection.

Is it difficult/expensive for a professional installer to make this conversion when the time comes? Would a conversion effect the efficiency of the boiler negatively?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

To convert the boiler itself won't be very expensive, provided you get a boiler that can be converted, not all can. Efficiency should be similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭ntpm

GopErthike wrote: »
    To convert the boiler itself won't be very expensive, provided you get a boiler that can be converted, not all can. Efficiency should be similar.

As stated by GopErthike. Many boilers can niw operate on LPG or Nat Gas. Can be recommisioned (tie it it in with a full service when conversation is carried out)..
    The boiler may need a change of injectors/ special card/electronic board etc. You should buy the kit when purchasing the boiler.( might be hard/ awkward to get parts at a later date or may be more expensive.

Advertisement